Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: brake problem
t11

posted on 20/5/18 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
brake problem

Good morning all, hear's an interesting brake problem, to start with I have new wilwood calipers mintex pads new disc's with bespoke mounting brackets on triumph up rights all set dead true, wilwood master cylinder with a short metal pipe to a t piece and then from that to each side of the chassis onto a brake hose, under notmal braking it pulls up in a straight line but if you brake hard it will pull to the right the only thing I can say is the metal pipe from the t piece to either side if a difference length, I'am going to replace the flexi hose's today but apart from that I'am at a loss..any idears.......
adithorp

posted on 20/5/18 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
The relative length of the pipes from the T has no effect. If thr drt up is sd you say then it's most likely not a brake issue and more likely corner weight/geometry.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

steve m

posted on 20/5/18 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
I had a similar problem, and it was the offside castor angle was 8 deg and the nside only 5

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

jelly head

posted on 20/5/18 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
As above, i'd have a look at the suspension geometry, the steering angles might be shifting as the weight transfers forward
big-vee-twin

posted on 20/5/18 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Pressure in a hydraulic system is equal, pipe length makes no difference.

Could also check that you bled calipers using all 4 nipples on each side bottom first then top.

[Edited on 20/5/18 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

davew823

posted on 20/5/18 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
If the bleeding does not fits the issue, then look for a restriction in a fitting or hose on the LEFT HAND side. I had the same problem and it ended up being a crimp fitting on a custom made SS brake hose that was restricting flow. davew
t11

posted on 20/5/18 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
re brakes

thanks guys for the comments forgot to say this also happens on the brake machine at work equal up to about 275 and if you put down hard the right goes up to 350 and the left lags behind
mcerd1

posted on 20/5/18 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
sticky caliper ?

-

jacko

posted on 21/5/18 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
how long have they been like this are they bedded in ?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.