Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: De-dion
lupus

posted on 24/4/02 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
De-dion

Hello,

I hope i do not ask a question already discussed here, if so please re-direct me.

Is there any one who has build a homemade de-dion tube and if so is a drawing avaliable of it.

My plan is to use the wheel hub from a ford scorpio does that make sense ??
I also plan to use discs at the center of the car simmilar to jaguar, has this been done to a locost before ?

I hope some one have the answers (or agree with me ) before i start to weld.....

Regard Tobias

lupus

Jon Ison

posted on 24/4/02 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Where are you based ?

A local (but not online) builder to me as built his own De-dion rear end, he will be at the next J29 meeting, Wednesday 1st May, i should see him B 4 that though, when i do i will ask him if it is ok to pass his phone number on to you, we are based in North Derbyshire, would you believe, very near J29 of the M1.

phil.shelton

posted on 25/4/02 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
jon
I am looking at donor options and therefore rear suspension options. If this guy dont mind I would also like more info on De-dion rear end. Are you going stoneleigh? and is he going? let me know if you can help
thanx

lupus

posted on 29/4/02 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hello ,

since i am based in Sweden !!
I might get some problems to join you.
I am any how very interested in pictures and info on what parts to use and if there is something special to think about.
For example what kind of wheel angles should you aim at for a de-dion tube and is there any way to make them adjustable.

Best regards Tobias
`

lupus

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.