Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: why are some folks using the sierra wheel for the SVA then changing it after?
ewanspence

posted on 16/5/02 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
why are some folks using the sierra wheel for the SVA then changing it after?

why are some folks using the sierra wheel for the SVA then changing it after? What have I missed here, I take it there is something questionable in the SVA manual to do with wheel size or crumplability (is that a word??)

Ta.

Ewan.

Visit the MegaGrip site :-
http://www.geocities.com/ewanspence/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stephen_gusterson

posted on 16/5/02 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
why are some folks using the sierra wheel for the SVA then changing it after? What have I missed here, I take it there is something questionable in the SVA manual to do with wheel size or crumplability (is that a word??)

Ta.

The SVA manual requires an 'approved' wheel, and does not really say what the approval is except that it needs to be. I THink examples are given that if its from a std car it complies. Also, it has to have some kinda padding and MUST NOT have any slots or holes of stuff for clothing, or jewelry ( Mr T again!) to get caught in.

Its much safer to keep the std wheel and change it afterwards. If you dont, you risk an almost certain fail, or have to buy a wheel you dont want that complies.

atb

Steve

UncleFista

posted on 16/5/02 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Not only that, but there are rules concerning dashboard switches etc. (no sticky-outy bits) but the area covered by the wheel is exempt. Sierra wheels are large, therefore a large area of the dash can be made how you wish.

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

stephen_gusterson

posted on 16/5/02 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Not only that, but there are rules concerning dashboard switches etc. (no sticky-outy bits) but the area covered by the wheel is exempt. Sierra wheels are large, therefore a large area of the dash can be made how you wish.

yeah, but how do i get it to go 6 ins past the gear lever! The bezels to my dials have akinda 'peak' to em and are bound to fail - recon i will have to put something crappy over em for sva - but thats gonna be year end I recon!

atb

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.