Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Multi Link IRS
superchared

posted on 21/7/14 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Multi Link IRS

Hello,

I am using BMW E60 M5 rear hubs for another car I am building and was wondering if anyone used 4 individual control links for the rear suspension rather than a lower wishbone and two upper control links.

I am thinking of using this setup so I can achieve maximum adjustability in the suspension as it will need to be changed regularly. Push rods are used for the actual connection to the coilover and these come from the original mounting hole in the hub so they do not interfere with the control link.

What is everybody elses opinion on this, would strength be an issue?

Slimy38

posted on 21/7/14 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure whether this answers your question or raises new ones, but how will it work with regards to power transmission? My limited suspension knowledge only extends to multi link IRS where there is a solid axle involved.
MikeRJ

posted on 21/7/14 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by superchared
Hello,

I am using BMW E60 M5 rear hubs for another car I am building and was wondering if anyone used 4 individual control links for the rear suspension rather than a lower wishbone and two upper control links.

Have you got a picture/drawing of your idea? I don't quite see how you would rigidly locate a rear upright with four separate links and no wishbones.

posted on 21/7/14 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
isn't it just 2 separate arms instead of a regular top wishbone?
Overcomplication IMO

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.