Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: f27 rocking arm
ali f27

posted on 23/10/14 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
f27 rocking arm

Hi i have a siezed rocking arm pivot pin and will have to repair do any of you know what it came off or do you have to make them
Cheers ALI

pewe

posted on 23/10/14 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Simples, looks like a Metro radius arm repair kit.
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe10

ali f27

posted on 23/10/14 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for reply Pewe you could be right just think it would be too long mine are 4in long i think mini would be too long from memory must have come off something trying to see if cortina doner has anything like that rear shocks on live axle are triamph dolomite so may not be ford
Cheers Ali

anthony1

posted on 23/10/14 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
F27 suspension.

When I built my F27......a few years ago now!! The rocker arms used METRO radius arm bearings , I think I made a spacer to go between the bearings but can,t really remember!!!But was definitely Metro.
anthony1

posted on 23/10/14 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
If the rocker arm section that pivots on the radius arm bearings is only about 4" long , it could use bearings from something other than a metro? Having looked at a Metro kit on ebay , that looks much longer , my car/design was a very early one.....if you could find someone with a newer F27 they can perhaps clarify the rocker arm components for you??having thought about mine the ends of the inner pin were tightened through the brackets I welded to the chassis , with spacer/shims between the arm and the bracket.
ali f27

posted on 23/10/14 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Anthony the tube is 4.5 inch long so not from metric built car has a brass bush at each end and has been reamed too tight in my view so the grease has not been able to get in the pin is 6.75 inch long in total to include threads and has a turned down section in the middle to allow grease in via nipple in tube
Cheers Ali

coozer

posted on 23/10/14 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
No idea, can't see a picture...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

anthony1

posted on 23/10/14 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Can,t find a clear enough build picture.

I have looked through my build pictures from my F27.......but they would be from about 1996?.....so long before the digital age , unfortunately I can,t find a close up of the rocker arm to see the overall size! My latest experience has been fitting radius arm bushes on my sons classic Cooper s rebuild , I spent what seemed like forever to get the whole assembly to be a satisfactory fit .Found some useful info. on the net regarding the use of a small honing tool rather than a reamer....then ensuring everything was spotlessly clean/etc. before assembly.
llionellis

posted on 23/10/14 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Mine was very early and that used Mini radius arm bits.
02GF74

posted on 23/10/14 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
What is the part you refer to?

I have build manual for the plan built chassis which may the info but it may be too early.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.