Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake Proportioning Valve rather than Bias Bar set-up.
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 25/11/14 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Brake Proportioning Valve rather than Bias Bar set-up.

For my next sprint car that I'm about to start building I'm leaning towards using a Bias Proportioning valve rather than a bias bar. I've not actually built a brake system like this so wondered if anyone had any pictures/knowledge/parts list of how they did it.

I'm sure I have seen that (or at least one) Spire race car use this system.

I'm assuming that I need a twin outlet MC like this:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=562_582_1311&products_id=10444

With a twin take-off banjo for the front brakes and a single banjo to the rear with a proportioning valve in the line to the rear like this:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=562_596&products_id=4108

and then the standard T-Piece at the rear of the car to split to each rear caliper and a couple of remote resevoirs on the MC (no brake light required)

Caliper wise I'll most likely use Wilwood Powerlite or Dynalite 4 pots all round with piston sizes set front to rear to give the majority of the brake bias.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ReMan

posted on 25/11/14 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say that should do it. A banjo or a T piece in the front line to split L+R

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

SPYDER

posted on 25/11/14 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
A proportioning valve in the rear circuit can only reduce the pressure to the rear so the rear circuit must be outbraking the front in the first place.
Select your caliper piston diameters to achieve this.
We ran this system on our TR7V8 race car for years. We put larger diameter cylinders in the rear brakes (drums!) and used the valve to restore the correct balance for dry racing. We could then increase rear braking for wet conditions.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.