Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA man wants an extra p clip, but no access.
Irony

posted on 23/8/15 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
IVA man wants an extra p clip, but no access.

Completed all the fails on my iva fail list. But not sure about one aspect. He wants a pclip on the copper brake pipe under the scuttle. It's right underneath, beneath the scuttle but above the gearbox.I cannot get in there with a pop riveter or a drill or anything. I have managed to get a stand off pipe and cable tie on it. A bit of fuel pipe with a cable tie inside. But I am not sure if he'll be happy with that. Any ideas?
coozer

posted on 23/8/15 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
You should have pointed and asked how the ffff am I going to do that???? After all if he fails it he was to tell you how to fix it!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

gremlin1234

posted on 23/8/15 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
from your original IVA fail message, you say that the two clips are too far apart at 320mm, can you not just add one 30-50 mm from the existing ones. (it does not have to be in the middle of the run)
AdrianH

posted on 23/8/15 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
But the answer would be remove the scuttle sort it and refit.

Or could you remove the dash panel sort and refit?

Adrian

[Edited on 23-8-15 by AdrianH]

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

balidey

posted on 23/8/15 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Cut the head off a rivet, stick it to the p-clip. Slide it into place with some mastic behind it so it looks like its been done

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

gremlin1234

posted on 23/8/15 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
You should have pointed and asked how the ffff am I going to do that???? After all if he fails it he was to tell you how to fix it!
no he only has to say what/why it failed, up to you to find a fix

CosKev3

posted on 23/8/15 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Drop the gearbox I think he would say if you get arsey with him!!!
madteg

posted on 23/8/15 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Rivet p clip to small plate and sikaflex to panel
CosKev3

posted on 23/8/15 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madteg

Couldn't he fail that tbough? As I thought pipes rtc had to be secured in a way like car manufacturers use?

40inches

posted on 23/8/15 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
from your original IVA fail message, you say that the two clips are too far apart at 320mm, can you not just add one 30-50 mm from the existing ones. (it does not have to be in the middle of the run)

I would go with this, fit a clip as far in as you can get, both sides. You will not get a fairer assessment than at Nottingham, if he says it is needed, do it!

Irony

posted on 23/8/15 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234

I would go with this, fit a clip as far in as you can get, both sides. You will not get a fairer assessment than at Nottingham, if he says it is needed, do it!

This is what I have already done unfortunately.

Irony

posted on 23/8/15 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madteg

This is not a bad idea as I might be able to this and then carefully drill from the other side and rivit the sikafelxed panel to the scuttle.

MikeR

posted on 24/8/15 at 05:47 AM Reply With Quote
If you can't get the riveter in from one side, cab you dedicatedly not get it in from the other? If so, then what about a small bolt with lock nut plus thread lock?
britishtrident

posted on 24/8/15 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
If you can't get the riveter in from one side, cab you dedicatedly not get it in from the other? If so, then what about a small bolt with lock nut plus thread lock?

What I was thinking but using a proper pop in plastic brake pipe clip

[Edited on 24/8/15 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

russbost

posted on 24/8/15 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
Providing you have the copper pipe in some sort of "stand off" from the chassis then cable ties should be perfectly adequate to secure the pipe, I was told by an IVA guy that cable ties are accepted as a type of attachment used by a manufacturer because apparently Ford used them to secure into some form of plastic clip at one time. We use them all the time on our flexy hoses to secure to wishbones, never had that queried.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.