Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Moto GP thoughts and PART SPOILER no result mentioned
daniel mason

posted on 25/10/15 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Moto GP thoughts and PART SPOILER no result mentioned

Thoughts on the incident at sepang between Rossi and Marquez?
Surrey Dave

posted on 25/10/15 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Deserved!

I think Marquez deserved it he was riding in a very provocative way, how come all of a sudden Pedrosa is winning races on the same bike as Marquez?

Pedrosa is obviously good but Marquez has walloped him, and that last lap in Australia was amazingly quick to catch and pass Lorenzo.

Great to see racing with a bit of passion!!!!, I'm an F1 fan too, but they are just a load of corporate puppets.

[Edited on 25/10/15 by Surrey Dave]

maccmike

posted on 25/10/15 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Go Valentino!!!

The couple of angles Iv seen seem less dramatic than the head lines.

Hope he wins #10.

daniel mason

posted on 25/10/15 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Well he's been penalised by having to start from the bacm of the grid in Valencia pending appeal.
It looked from one angle he kicked him off

Nickp

posted on 25/10/15 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
It looked blatant to me by Vale but I think Marquez is becoming a smiling assassin!!
Looked like he let Lorenzo by easy then was determined to hold Rossi up and let Lorenzo go. Rossi's said MM would come past and then slow things up which is a poo trick in my book but probably didn't deserve booting off At least he did it on one of the slowest corners
Still could be interesting at Valencia. If Lorenzo wins then he'll be champion because there's no way Rossi can get to to second. However if Pedrosa and Marquez pull their fingers out and force Lorenzo back to 3rd then Rossi 'only' has to get to 6th to claim the title. Rossi's got nothing to lose so I can see him blitzing through the slower bikes in the first few laps before chipping away at the faster ones. It's all down to the Hondas though and he's yet to get any favours from them!!

will121

posted on 25/10/15 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
That sort of action seems acceptable in things like BTCC while in a tin box but not in bike racing, I think he didn't intend to have him off but that's the risk of esculating tit for tat retaliation. I in the past thought Rossi was above this letting his riding skills do the talking.
IMO there will be an escalation of the penalty following appeals

Nickp

posted on 25/10/15 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by will121
IMO there will be an escalation of the penalty following appeals

I was amazed it wasn't a straight disqualification tbh. Kinda glad they managed to punish him whilst still keeping the last round interesting

Talon Motorsport

posted on 25/10/15 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Slightly biased view from me given part of my family's involvement but Bradley Smith 38 nearly fell off the chair this morning!

[Edited on 25/10/15 by Talon Motorsport]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Adamirish

posted on 26/10/15 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
Slightly biased view from me given part of my family's involvement but Bradley Smith 38 nearly fell off the chair this morning!

[Edited on 25/10/15 by Talon Motorsport]

Do tell more! He had a cracking ride.

As far as MM vs VR, as much as I am not a fan of either of them, MM did nothing at all wrong. Yes he raced hard, he always does. Any of rossi's passes were harder/just as harsh as MM's. No doubt that will not matter as its Rossi, so it's ok! Remember, he has previous form of trying to win at all costs.....

I watched the race again today, up until rossi's meltdown the racing was firm but fair. Why he felt the need to intentionally run Marc out to the edge of the track while looking straight at him is beyond me. Downright dangerous. Rossi obviously knows but he himself, on camera has given 2 different excuses as to why he did it so is obviously talking out of his arse. If he had done nothing wrong then why didn't he turn up to the post race press conference?

My opinion is that the penalty wasn't harsh enough. It doesn't matter who he is or where it is in the championship, what he did was wrong so should have been penalised accordingly. Marc ended up with no points due to rossi's actions whether he meant to knock him off or not so Rossi should end up with the same.

As pedrosa and Lorenzo both said, if it was anybody else, it would have been a DQ or black flag.

As for dropping back to race with Rossi, that's a load of rubbish too. He ran wide, Lorenzo made the most of it(of course he would) and he cleared off. Rossi was close behind and then the racing started. I have seen the lap times of both Marquez and Rossi. Fairly consistent with Rossi being marginally quicker.

Race direction have made there call so that's that, Valencia will be interesting, I think Rossi will finish top 5. Where Lorenzo finishes, who knows. Maybe a win but pedrosa is on one at the moment.

It's a shame all this for dani really as his awesome ride was pretty much forgotten about!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

loggyboy

posted on 26/10/15 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Looked to me like MM leant on VR , he contacted his knee, to which VR reacted with a lift of his knee. Too close to call Imo and both riders should have warned or penalised equally.

Mistral Motorsport

Nickp

posted on 26/10/15 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Looked to me like MM leant on VR , he contacted his knee, to which VR reacted with a lift of his knee. Too close to call Imo and both riders should have warned or penalised equally.

I thought the same. One of them was always going to come off. Rossi's getting punished because he stayed on and got points. He shouldn't have done what he did but MM shouldn't have been holding him up in the dangerous manner he was either

kingster996

posted on 26/10/15 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure Marquez was deliberately holding Rossi up as accused. If you look at the lap times Rossi was not much quicker on a clear track.

After getting a public slagging by his former hero, yer Marquez would have had one goal, beat Rossi. In previous interviews Rossi had said that the only way to beat Marquez was to break his rhythm and yet when Marquez does just that to him, it's seen as a poor tactic? (and I think breaking someone's rhythm is different to deliberately holding them back)

Also, the Honda and Yamaha have different qualities. Honda is hard braking and squirt it out of corners, Yamaha is all about carrying corner speed, so obviously the Honda will slow the Yamaha down in corners. Plus Marquez often struggles on a full tank and comes good later on, so not unusual to be slower in first half of a race.

In Australia if Marquez was helping Lorenzo why beat him on the last lap and take 5 points away?

As for why pedrosa suddenly started winning, that's obviously down to being fully fit on tracks he had always done well at. It's fairly normal for him to come good at the end of the season and his light weight means less issues on a full tank earlier in the race.

Personally I'm disappointed with Rossi as he's the best there's ever been in my opinion and shouldn't need to run others off the track to try and make a point. Sure Marquez was doing some hard moves, but they were fair and Rossi was fighting back just as hard, but that was so blatantly deliberate it was a surprise he didn't get black flagged as I'm sure any other rider would have.

I was totally looking forward to the possibility of Rossi winning his 10th and while not a "fanboy" always had utter respect for him as the GOAT, but not sure any more, which is sad.

[Edited on 26/10/15 by kingster996]

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

maccmike

posted on 26/10/15 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Rossi could have pulled a gun out and shot MM tyres, I would still hold him in the highest esteem. That man can do no wrong.
theconrodkid

posted on 27/10/15 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
what he^^^ said :-)

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Surrey Dave

posted on 27/10/15 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Ditto

What they ^^^^^^^^ said!....

Wouldn't be surprised if he retired over this , the 'boys' are ganging up..................he may not attend last race........elsewhere in the press!!

Perhaps he could come to BSB!!!!

[Edited on 27/10/15 by Surrey Dave]

Adamirish

posted on 27/10/15 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave

At least he could win there!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

Nickp

posted on 27/10/15 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adamirish
quote:

Yeah cos he's won nowt in GP's!!

Oops, did I bite?

Adamirish

posted on 27/10/15 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
quote:
Originally posted by Adamirish
quote:

Yeah cos he's won nowt in GP's!!

Oops, did I bite?

Yes. Yes you did!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

woodster

posted on 30/10/15 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
I'm a bit late in posting and for what it's worth my 50pence ..... Marques let Lorenzo pass then held Rossi up , some of marks riding was just plain dangerous if the incident hadn't happened then I think at some point there would have been a coming together ........ Lorenzo doesn't need any help from Marques he is more than capable of winning by himself ........... I'll be cheering for the Rossi ' THE GOAT'.................. Doesn't it make F1 look poo
loggyboy

posted on 31/10/15 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster
Doesn't it make F1 look poo

Whilst comparing with f1, LH did a near identical move on NR on the 1st bend at Austin, ran him wide, made slight contact and lost NR 2-3 places... but the stewards didn't bat an eye lid and the only complaint came from NR.

[Edited on 31-10-15 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.