Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RIP our cat
SteveWallace

posted on 11/3/16 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
RIP our cat

Sadly our cat (my avatar) got run over and died last night. He was chased into the road by a dog that was not being properly controlled by his twa*ish owner (not on a lead by a main road). People who are not pet owners will not understand, but it feels as though we have lost a family member.

A couple of months ago my daughter hit a dog in her car. She had only been driving for a month. Same story, owner did not have their dog on a lead by a road and it ran out straight in front of her - fortunately only minor injuries. If you are a dog owner, please be a responsible one.

[Edited on 11/3/16 by SteveWallace]

mackei23b

posted on 11/3/16 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to here about the loss of your cat, they become part of your family.

We lost Felix (my Avatar) last year and two weeks ago we lost Nicolas, his half brother. Now were down to 2 dogs and 1 cat.

Sad times and you and your family have my deepest sympathy.

Best regards

Ian

joneh

posted on 11/3/16 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Probably last thing on your mind, but you may be able to claim your costs back on the dogs insurance. The dog should have third party liability insurance, which is normally included in the pet insurance.

Also, sorry for your loss. It's horrible feeling losing a pet.

[Edited on 11/3/16 by joneh]

r1_pete

posted on 11/3/16 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Really sorry for your loss..

We lost Smokey 10 years ago, he got spooked by the recycling van and got run over.

We've had Tiger since, he sends his sympathies too:

tiger
tiger

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 11/3/16 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
We lost our eldest cat a while back. She wasn't able to move very quickly, and unfortunately a dog that had got out decided to make a meal out of her. I managed to chase the dog off but witnessing her final moments in my wife's arms was heartbreaking.

What makes it worse is that we then found out that the dog belonged to the local farm, and regularly escaped to go patrolling round the village and chase cats. Most simply head for the nearest tree or fence, our cat wasn't that lucky.

theconrodkid

posted on 11/3/16 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Smoking Frog

posted on 11/3/16 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
We lost our German Shepard last year. It's not easy losing a family pet, condolences.
ash_hammond

posted on 11/3/16 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 11/3/16 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Lost our dog just over a year ago. Whilst ours was heart breaking it was at the vets in a controlled environment. Some of the stories on here are horrible to think about.

Condolences.

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 11/3/16 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
I understand your loss pets are a major part of your family. I had cats when I was growing up and a break of 30 years we have got a rescue cat 6 months ago and are total besotted by her she's affectionate very bright and really good company .
twybrow

posted on 11/3/16 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
My cat got run over on the morning after my first chemotherapy session. Already felt awful, and was then woken by the neighbour telling me the bad news. Horrible memory of burying Mog, feeling truly dreadful, with only more chemo to look forward to.... I feel your pain.
02GF74

posted on 11/3/16 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
I know how you feel, same happened to mine in nov 2013. It makes no sense to see people dying on tv and feel nothing yet be so affected by a pet... but our pets are real to us and touch our lives

Its awful but it does get easier. Im harder than a bag of diamond coated carbide drill bits yet i blubbed. ...... a lot.

tr7v8

posted on 11/3/16 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
You have my sympathies. We've had a cat chased by a neighbours out of control dog before & I made it clear I wasn't impressed.
Ours was poorly recently & I was in pieces thinking we might lose him. RIP poor puss...

Jim
2005 Porsche Cayenne S
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sold
2010 Maxda MX5 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S (now sold)
Light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.

big-vee-twin

posted on 11/3/16 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Lost our Siamese - Noodles last year to lung cancer after she had 6 months of chemotherapy.

Feel your loss.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

snapper

posted on 11/3/16 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
I feel your loss, I've been there as a serial cat servant and would be devastated if my current feline dictator passed early

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

LBMEFM

posted on 12/3/16 at 04:27 AM Reply With Quote
Poor pussy, losing our cats in the past was devastating, our last one, Honey, was 21 years old when she died
thepest

posted on 12/3/16 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
My Condolences, know the feeling
Ivan

posted on 12/3/16 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Anybody who has lost a loved pet will know how you feel - my sympathy for you.
Badger_McLetcher

posted on 12/3/16 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
'Tis a horrible thing, my sympathies mate. They're not "just" animals, they're personalities that you come to know and love.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

SteveWallace

posted on 12/3/16 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the kind words, although sorry that many of them are because of similar experiences.

Mornings are the worst as he was our alarm clock and I'm sure that he used to jingle his bell deliberately to wake us as its the only time that it made so much noise. We are willing our lives away at the moment as its only time that heals.

02GF74

posted on 12/3/16 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace

Mornings are the worst as he was our alarm clock and I'm sure that he used to jingle his bell deliberately to wake us as its the only time that it made so much noise. We are willing our lives away at the moment as its only time that heals.

that's the worst of it - when mine (the one that got run over) went missing for 11 days, I'd lie awake listening for the catflap (when she turned up was skin and bones but survived, wasn't so lucky with the car and that made it worse and she shouldn't have survived the first time.

anyways give it a few days and start looking for the next cat.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.