Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sierra propshaft universal joints
dexion7

posted on 24/11/16 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
sierra propshaft universal joints

looking for universal joints for my propshaft.

its a sierra diff driven by a modded cosworth propshaft so the yoke on the diff is stock cosworth size but I'm confused by uj sizes.

there was a vibration at about 60mph and one of them had axial play across only one of the axis of the cross centre piece so removed it but found no visible wear. strange cos it had been fine for years. measuring it its 27mm x 74.3mm on one axis but 74.2 on the other one.

landrover ones are just listed as '27 x 75' and thats what I'd used previsouly (inc the one thats currently vibrating) but i think the landrover folk are just giving rough dimensions to distinguish that std landrover size from the other landrover std size of 27mm x 82mm.

checking the various catalogues like hardy spicer these things can be 26.99 OR 27mm and the axis size can be 74 / 74.5 / 74.6 and then there are different ciclip thicknesses - its a mine field.

suppose i just need standard sierra cosworth size but as soon as you mention cosworth the price triples. are the landrover ones good or what size do i need?

ste

posted on 24/11/16 at 05:50 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.northwestpropshafts.com/ modified my prop and supplied new yokes for the uj

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.