Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Triumph poly suspension bush fitting...
prawnabie

posted on 16/4/17 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Triumph poly suspension bush fitting...

Hi all,

I am trying to fit poly bushes to my herald and am finding it very difficult!! They are top hat style with a steel sleeve much like the seven type I citing to my Locost a while back.

I can push the bushes in by hand with a bit of force, but when I go to fit the sleeve, it always pushes the far bush out. I have chamfered the sleeve and the inner edge of the far bush, but even with something stout against the far bush, it always manages to "ooze" out under the pressure and releasing the vice leaves the bush proud by a couple of mm from the arm itself. I have tried various greases on the sleeve but nothing seems to worth! anybody got any tips?

Thanks,
Shaun

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/4/17 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
the easiest way is just use a long bolt (or threaded bar) down the centre to pull the sleeve through the bush, no clamps are required, just some big washers.

you'll probably notice quite an increase in road and transmission noise once fitted especially if fitted to the rear. I wasn't a huge fan of them in any of the cars I tried and replaced them with OEM parts.

[Edited on 17/4/17 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.