New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tightening up a Type 9
Benzo

posted on 11/8/18 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb
Any ideas what this kit does
https://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2007

just looks like a shorter lever that fits over the top if you cut down the original, RD list it a a quick shift?

M

So after all that i've gone and bought a quaife clubman box complete with quaife quick shifter / stick

I still however think that the the stick is too far away & the bend on the stick doesn't give as nice an input as a straight stick into the box, so has anyone actually tried / used one of the rally design turret extensions? are they a good job?

rusty nuts

posted on 11/8/18 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Use the search facility on here , DIY remote extensions and quick shifts have been covered several times. Made mine as have others , mine cost the total of £0.92 for the remote and quickshift
Benzo

posted on 11/8/18 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Use the search facility on here , DIY remote extensions and quick shifts have been covered several times. Made mine as have others , mine cost the total of £0.92 for the remote and quickshift

Brilliant I will have a look! Cheers!

rusty nuts

posted on 11/8/18 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure it was posted by David Jenkins. Mine extended the gear lever back by about 5 inches , the gear change is smooth and precise with very little movement.
David Jenkins

posted on 11/8/18 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
'twas I wot did it!

Info here: linky

The whole of my site can be found by pressing the WWW button below.

You'll have a bit of working out to do, as I never got around to drawing up the dimensions. Not too difficult to do - I managed it! You will need access to a lathe though. The hardest part is to get the reversing cam aligned correctly before welding - if you're uncertain about welding this properly, there's no reason why the whole thing couldn't be brazed (if done properly).

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.