Author: Subject: Water/Methanol Injection
DavidhMX5

posted on 9/12/18 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Water/Methanol Injection

Anyone use it or played around with it?
roadrunner

posted on 9/12/18 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Audi s4 owners use it a lot.
If you check out Audizine and look up B8 S4 forum there's a lot of information about it.

froggy

posted on 9/12/18 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Been using a devils own kit on the last 2cars , I just have a trigger from the ecu based on boost and air inlet temp and run home mixed de mineralised water with 30% meth content so it doesn’t make a big difference to afr just helps pull heat out and adds a little fuel content

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

hobbsy

posted on 9/12/18 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Froggy - do you have any failsafe system built in that lowers boost or retards the ignition in the event of a blocked nozzle or running out of meth/water mix?
froggy

posted on 10/12/18 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
No , I spray a single jet triggered on boost and inlet temp . I clean the filter in the jet every couple of months and run a 2 gallon tank with a 400cc jet . It’s purely for safety with my 1uz v8 being 10.4-1 compression and pretty much never used any on the road just for track use . My pump is 6 yrs old and never given me any trouble .

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

Oddified

posted on 10/12/18 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
As Dave above, i have Devils Own system on my kitten, controlled by the ecu by tps, air temp, map, rpm (you don't really need all those parameters for control). I'm lazy though and use their ready mix which is a 50/50 mix. Definitely makes a difference on air temps and reduces the chance of det if your pushing things a bit (high comp/too much boost/heat soak etc etc). Never had an issue with the pump/nozzles, but the 50/50 mix does shift the afr's a little richer by about 0.3 in my case.

Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.