Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Need help with getting UK MOT/Registration
votanxerxes

posted on 26/4/19 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Need help with getting UK MOT/Registration

Hi.
Well, am from Germany and due to some new regulations and a final TÜV call I had missed, my Germany-registered Fury with a Bike engine will never be allowed to pass the German MOT again.

So, I now need someone to help me get that thing kind of reimported to the UK, MOTed and then registered in the UK... or whatever is all needed to accomplish that. Car is also still fully registered, taxed and insured here, in case that might helpful. Not sure, if it still has to pass DVLA/IVA test then?

Of course, I will compensate for helping me getting it back on the Road.

Please U2U me, if you think you can help in any way.

[Edited on 26/4/19 by votanxerxes]

gremlin1234

posted on 26/4/19 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
how old is the car?
votanxerxes

posted on 26/4/19 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Papers state "First date of registration 01.10.1976" as a:

Manufacturer: Mason
Type: Button Phaeton (Yeah, really with a B)

Reason for that was, at those times, Germans used the name of the Builder and the info of the donor car or so.... at least, that's what a German official told me.

Do have another chassis with UK papers, though. But Engine info on that is a complete mismatch. Registration says it's a 1978 2.0L Swindon.

big_wasa

posted on 26/4/19 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
It sounds like it’s registered as a Dutton Pheaton ? So it’s a ringer any way. The only item donated was The I’d. Lol

To get it on the road legally will require a full Iva. That’s going to be difficult. It will need work to get it to standard. As an armature build you are meant to present evidence of this. The cost of fetching it, the work, registration will run into four figures.

In my opinion the cost and time involved means your left with a track car.

votanxerxes

posted on 26/4/19 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
No, not Registered as a Dutton Phaeton.
It`s just some random German gargel on the papers…. manufacturer is Mason... so something non existing.

The car already has reverse gear, Horn and the things needed… only need to add reverse light.
...only problem I might have is the height of the main beams….

I know it might cost some pounds and am willing to take it, as long as I can get that thing on the road and make it scream again.

Additional chassis paper has similar gargle on it... but it contains at least references to Sylva.

In the time of Trump I've learned, there is always a way… and it does not matter.

big_wasa

posted on 26/4/19 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
I am well aware you can call them and register them as anything you like.
In the Uk any association between a Dutton and any kit that is not a Dutton is extremely toxic. And that is why it matters.

gremlin1234

posted on 26/4/19 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
bluntly:
if its registered as a phaeton, and is actually a phaeton, then we can help
however if its an incorrectly registered fury, the only help we can give is to recommend the full iva, (probably with a new vin...)
edit
and using your 'alternative' sylva papers is no better

[Edited on 26/4/19 by gremlin1234]

votanxerxes

posted on 27/4/19 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
...ok, I do understand.
So seems like I only have the Option to go for a full dvla.
New original VIN for my lightweight chassis is available .

Another idea might just be... Let's buy a used road legal fury, keep it UK registered it and use that then as my basis... swap body and parts. Done.
If anyone has an affordable Fury for sale and could help with keeping it registered in the UK, it would probably the easiest way.

SJ

posted on 27/4/19 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Surely you can't keep the car UK registered and indefinitely use it in Germany? Wouldn't be allowed in the UK.
votanxerxes

posted on 27/4/19 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Can be done, as there are many exceptions to those standard rules... mostly it's all about paying taxes... and getting regularly moted. Will take care of all that... just need a car and help with registering.
SJ

posted on 28/4/19 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Can be done, as there are many exceptions to those standard rules... mostly it's all about paying taxes... and getting regularly moted. Will take care of all that... just need a car and help with registering.

So would the local rules throw up any hurdles to buying a cheap road legal fury and upgrading it with your bits? If not I would agree with the suggestion above that given that you aren't in the UK this would be the easiest way to get a UK registered car. I've seen registered Fury's going for as little as £4k.

Stu

[Edited on 28/4/19 by SJ]

gaz_gaz

posted on 29/4/19 at 05:19 AM Reply With Quote
i've sent you a private message.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.