Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hand brake
Dunc

posted on 3/5/02 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
You're right, we're all too thick to understand you. But if you're plan is to put a handbrake Master cylinder in line with the footbrake then it will fail the SVA because it isn't an independant system.
bass

posted on 4/5/02 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
but it says. secondary. capable of operating via either half of a split cicuit service brake system on at least 2 wheels in the event of failure of the service brake or power assistance
Marcus

posted on 4/5/02 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Just to add my 2p worth, I used to rally cars in the distant past. Hydraulic handbrakes were the norm but, and this is the catch, if there was no cable backup system, the car would fail scrutineering and not be allowed to start. This was overcome by fitting a dummy cable that went to the rear brakes but did nothing! (oops don't tell the scrutineers) There was no way of telling wether it was the cable or hydraulics that actuated the brake.
Marcus

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bass

posted on 6/5/02 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
to dunc, d jenkins ect the idea to use a hydro h/brake is so you dont have to keep freeing off the mechanical part that always seizes up and leaves you with no h/brake and a long f/brake.
Dunc

posted on 6/5/02 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
To bass, don't know where you are but here in scotland we have this stuff called copper grease that stops things seizing up and stop working. Try a word search for it on google. Are you still talking about drums and shoes or leather strap round the axle?
Metal Hippy™

posted on 6/5/02 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Copper grease has made it to North Nottinghamshire Dunc, just as a point of reference.

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

bass

posted on 6/5/02 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
dunk do you put it under you kilt ? the part that seizes up is where you cant grease.
Dunc

posted on 8/5/02 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Yeh I do. Need the copper grease because of the high operating temperatures, especially after thrusting hard for 6 or 7 hours. Nothing else will do.

base, as for can't put it there because of the part that seizes up is where you cant grease. Why is that? the only part that you can't put grease is the friction surfaces, I don't have a clue what you're talking about anymore, are you still talking about the brakes or your tackle seizing up through lack of use.

Hey hippy, were you at Stoneleigh on sunday? from your pic I thought I saw someone like you at the locost bit that became the locust but on the monday.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.