Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: No stalk controls
Steve Lovelock

posted on 14/11/06 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
No stalk controls

I had the thought of removing the Sierra stalks and using a row of rocker switches instead with the possible exception of an indicator stalk from somewhere like CBS. Only real reason is that I don't like the standard Ford appearance of the Sierra stalks. Any views on this?
ruskino80

posted on 14/11/06 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
i changed mine recently to fit paddle shift -works fine put my indicator switchas on my paddles-check pic in my archive.
RazMan

posted on 14/11/06 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
Do a search on eBay for Chris Strong - he will mod your stalk switches for £30 ish Rescued attachment alloystalks.jpg
Rescued attachment alloystalks.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 15/11/06 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Theyr nice but not locost.

I used a rocker switch for my headlamps and kept the sierra indicator stalk. Doesnt look to bad.

U can glue an dalloy shaft into the switch like rays for less money, Im sure someon on here did it.

k33ts.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

James

posted on 15/11/06 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Just bear in mind one thing....

stalks are extremely easy to use! A lot more convenient than switches. Not having to take your hand off the steering wheel is very useful!

And as for having dash switches... I know of atleast one builder who can't reach them once strapped into his harness!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

JAG

posted on 15/11/06 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
My car has all switches on the dash.

The only one I'd change is the indicator - like James said "stalks are extremely easy to use" and I would put the indicators on one if I could be bothered.

I guess that say's it's not a major issue but could be better.

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

zxrlocost

posted on 15/11/06 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

all in a days work

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Marcus

posted on 15/11/06 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Using A Manta column, I only have 1 stalk for the indicators / high beam / wipers (twist) and horn. The lights are on a rotary switch. Much neater than 3 stalks.

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stuart Walker

posted on 15/11/06 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
All mine are on the dash, no stalks at all. The indicators are on a rotary one (centre off, left / right), the main side and headlight switches on the dash and dip/main on the steering wheel, along with the horn.

I havn't driven with it yet but I can reach them all strapped in the driver's seat.

Cheers

Stuart Walker

posted on 15/11/06 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Dash Layout
Dash Layout

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.