Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mongolian Charity Rally i think
donut

posted on 21/7/08 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
Mongolian Charity Rally i think

Coming back from Dover on Saturday we saw loads of cars with stickers and i think it was the Mongolian Charity Rally. The cars looked cheap (sub £1000 i would say) and there were loads of them.

Was it the Mongolian Charity Rally?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/7/08 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
They dont bring the cars back. That rally is a one way trip.......

Stuart Walker

posted on 24/7/08 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
It's the Mongol Rally. I did it last year.

Certainly a one-way trip, many cars (including ours) don't make it to Mongolia. We had a great time driving through Western and Eastern Europe, the Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan... Great adventure too with no support by the organisers and minimum car preperation!

Our Suzuki SJ cost £400 from ebay and survived to the Kazakhstan/Russia/China/Mongolia border before one of the main bearing shells came out of the exhaust! But we did spend a long time towing Polos across the Aral desert...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stuart Walker

posted on 24/7/08 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Usual positions...
Usual positions...

Campsite
Campsite

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.