Board logo

Google street view
zilspeed - 11/3/10 at 05:41 PM

has had the mother and father of an upgrade.

If your house wasn't on there before, it probably is now.

First to say "mine isn't" !! wins a crap old Sylva delivered to their house along with various other assorted bits of sh1t3.

andyharding - 11/3/10 at 05:42 PM

Mine isn't ST13 7FE

mads - 11/3/10 at 05:46 PM

mine sort of isnt... looks like the camera van went down my road but not quite as far as my house...

not to mention it must have been over 2 and half years ago as not my car on the drive.

[Edited on 11/3/10 by mads]

blakep82 - 11/3/10 at 05:46 PM

was getting ready to say mine wasn't (wouldn't mind a crap old sylvia delivered to my house along with various other assorted bits of sh1t3) but it is!

wonder when that was, must have been a tuesday as my bins are out lol

[Edited on 11/3/10 by blakep82]

clairetoo - 11/3/10 at 05:49 PM

Mines there - looks like I'm out in the Fury though as my old Corsa is abandoned on the drive......

TimC - 11/3/10 at 05:50 PM

You're not wrong - my folks' place is there now and it was a rare day as my Locost race car is parked outside!!
[img][/img]

Therefore, almost certainly a Monday as I had a tendancy to leave it there late on a Sunday night rather than drag it home and put it in the garage.

StevieB - 11/3/10 at 05:50 PM

Mine's on there - and I still have my elise on the driveway too

PS: I've since finished building the fence too!

My Street
My Street

[Edited on 11/3/10 by StevieB]

[Edited on 11/3/10 by StevieB]

zilspeed - 11/3/10 at 05:52 PM

Our visit from the car must have been last summer.
Skud the Skoda was sittting in the carpark across from the house.

They continue to get our street name utterly wrong though, which is almost reassuringly human.

Gaff of Zil
Gaff of Zil

[Edited on 11/3/10 by zilspeed]

zilspeed - 11/3/10 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by StevieB

Flash git...

tomprescott - 11/3/10 at 06:01 PM

I think my visit must hav been over last summer - maybe even a bit before then. Got a red golf on the drive, which is now black, my sierra donor, my sisters and mums cars, both of which have changed since then. Wierd to see it online and I'm not sure I like it, gonna make recon work for visiting thieves easier, could familiarise myself with an area without ever goping there.

will121 - 11/3/10 at 06:11 PM

mine is on there now only looks like it was filmed last year, not sure if i like it or not! you can deffinatly zoom well into my garden

blakep82 - 11/3/10 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB

Flash git...

i know wish i had a new fence

quote:
Originally posted by tomprescott
I think my visit must hav been over last summer - maybe even a bit before then. Got a red golf on the drive, which is now black, my sierra donor, my sisters and mums cars, both of which have changed since then. Wierd to see it online and I'm not sure I like it, gonna make recon work for visiting thieves easier, could familiarise myself with an area without ever goping there.

yeah, but they could just as easily walk by taking a video on their phone, so i don't see a difference

graememk - 11/3/10 at 06:32 PM

was before i opened the shop for the day.

googleshop
googleshop

Ben_Copeland - 11/3/10 at 06:36 PM

Mines on there too... Must of been last early summer. My wifes cars changed since then and neighbour has sold his bike since then....

Staple balls - 11/3/10 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomprescott
I think my visit must hav been over last summer - maybe even a bit before then.
Wierd to see it online and I'm not sure I like it, gonna make recon work for visiting thieves easier, could familiarise myself with an area without ever goping there.

Do you really think someone if gonna sit on google maps to find a car to steal?

If I wanted to steal a specific car, I'd follow it, that way I'd have up to date, first hand information, rather than a few 6+ month old photos, with surprisingly little useful information.

I'm sure there are criminal uses for google maps/street view, but I can't see it being effective for car pilfering.

BenB - 11/3/10 at 06:38 PM

My pad is still on there, they haven't updated the photos round London way for ages. I'm not sure when they took the pictures, it looks like early summer from the state of the local trees / shrubs.

eznfrank - 11/3/10 at 07:11 PM

We were looking at this at work today because me and my buddy were caught on it in the centre of Leeds but it seems they've got newer pics for the city centre now.

Wr had a laugh that there's a car parked at the back of a local brothel that anyone from Leeds will know (Churchill's in Beeston) and there is a car in the car park without it's reg blanked out!!

Tipster69 - 11/3/10 at 07:12 PM

I'm on it with my head under the bonnet of my Landcruiser.

Been faffing about with it earlier. Spotted loads of folks on it who I know. How sad am I for looking ? lol

James - 11/3/10 at 07:12 PM

Haha! I'm in it... topless!

Out talking to my neighbour whilst I mow the lawn!

Wish I'd been more on the ball when they drove down the road.... I'd have dropped my trousers!

Ben_Copeland - 11/3/10 at 07:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James
Haha! I'm in it... topless!

Out talking to my neighbour whilst I mow the lawn!

Wish I'd been more on the ball when they drove down the road.... I'd have dropped my trousers!

And that something millions of us definately DONT need to see !!!!

steve m - 11/3/10 at 07:28 PM

"We were looking at this at work today because me and my buddy were caught on it in the centre of Leeds but it seems they've got newer pics for the city centre now.

Wr had a laugh that there's a car parked at the back of a local brothel that anyone from Leeds will know (Churchill's in Beeston) and there is a car in the car park without it's reg blanked out!!

Was it you coming out of that sex ??shop ??

minitici - 11/3/10 at 07:32 PM

Looks like I am in my garage working on something!
- Though you normally need time-lapse photography to see me moving

Fozzie - 11/3/10 at 07:44 PM

Nope...my road, nor the next road are on there..

Fozzie

iank - 11/3/10 at 08:05 PM

Looks like we were done on a Tuesday during the school summer holidays.

DannyC - 11/3/10 at 08:08 PM

My house is on there as well as my son driving his car, he was driving down the road when the camera car pulled out in front of him. We were waiting for the update to see if it got him. Not a good picture though.

Danny

matt.c - 11/3/10 at 08:46 PM

Just looked up my place and my old indy is on the drive way!!

Cant believe that the pic was took when it was out as it only came out a few times.

Would post a pic buy i dont want everyone knowing where i live.

TigerB6 Paul - 11/3/10 at 08:53 PM

Maybe i'm alone but i cant even find how to get on Street View - just seem to get info on its uses!!

Anyone got a link where i can input my postcode??

AndyW - 11/3/10 at 09:00 PM

http://maps.google.co.uk/

iank - 11/3/10 at 09:01 PM

Find your street on maps.google.co.uk
then pick up the little orange guy (top left above the zoom control) and drop him where you want to look (the roads are highlighted where this works).

Toprivetguns - 11/3/10 at 09:02 PM

haha! Im in the Garage on the MK ! knew that car had something do with google...

Ben_Copeland - 11/3/10 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
http://maps.google.co.uk/

That wont do it on its own... you have to zoom right in and then it switches to street view

David Jenkins - 11/3/10 at 09:07 PM

Good grief - even my little village has been photographed!

It shows my wife's little Matiz outside the garage...

Danozeman - 11/3/10 at 09:14 PM

Mines on there along with the rover i sold early last year. And my trailer and a big pile of mud on the front grass

Ben_Copeland - 11/3/10 at 09:15 PM

I wonder how many people are checking out their houses out of interest and notice their partners car and someone elses car parked outside their house

Krismc - 11/3/10 at 09:28 PM

quote:
I wonder how many people are checking out their houses out of interest and notice their partners car and someone elses car parked outside their house

The whole street is empty, everyone is at work and Mines got a big van parked out side..... you got me worried now!!

Oh well at least she isnt out driving my cars.

[Edited on 11/3/10 by Krismc]

Jon Ison - 11/3/10 at 09:38 PM

Captured,

russbost - 11/3/10 at 09:43 PM

Well, my house isn't on there, in fact our roads not there! When is my prize to be delivered???

JoelP - 11/3/10 at 09:46 PM

I checked out a house i own in bolton, theres police and ambulance outside, and someone cabbaged on the pavement! I wondered where the tenant had got to! And if you zoom in, the lot disappears.

How do you save a screenshot?

davie h - 11/3/10 at 09:57 PM

most of my street is on it but not the bit infront of my house, thats not to far can you deliver

Davie

iank - 11/3/10 at 09:57 PM

Just checked my parents house and it would appear there's someone peering in through the kitchen window Guess they don't have anything worth stealing.

Gav - 11/3/10 at 10:04 PM

Caught red handed

Linky

David Jenkins - 11/3/10 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gav
Caught red handed

Linky

You're being followed by a sawn-off Locost!

JoelP - 11/3/10 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gav
Caught red handed

Linky

you've been proper chopped up by that photo!

Fozzie - 11/3/10 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Well, my house isn't on there, in fact our roads not there! When is my prize to be delivered???

Sorry Russ, and davie h, I beat you to it ......my post, previous page (or post number 23) ......

Fozzie

[Edited on 11-3-10 by Fozzie]

FFTS - 12/3/10 at 12:42 AM

Kids hey!!! I told my little girl "Don't leave your scotter outside the door on google streetview filming day" Did she listen!!!!!

Clever how it manages to block all the number plates! Thats clever software.

iank - 12/3/10 at 07:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FFTS
Kids hey!!! I told my little girl "Don't leave your scotter outside the door on google streetview filming day" Did she listen!!!!!

Clever how it manages to block all the number plates! Thats clever software.

Does faces as well.

40inches - 12/3/10 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Captured,

You live not far from Bryn Jones then? That's handy AllyFab
He is building a very nice GT40

MikeRJ - 12/3/10 at 10:49 AM

I can remember them driving around our car park at work quite a long time ago, I think early last year. Wonder why they have put everything on at once rather than adding it as they have processed it?

tul214 - 12/3/10 at 11:27 AM

When I checked our address, my wife's car is on the drive with the no plate very visableso the software is not that clever

Why do they blur them anyway

iank - 12/3/10 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tul214
When I checked our address, my wife's car is on the drive with the no plate very visableso the software is not that clever

Why do they blur them anyway

They blur them to avoid being sued if a car is cloned, and to avoid any legal problems with cars/people outside brothels/skiving off work etc.

I believe they will manually fix a numberplate/face blurring problem if you click the report a problem tag at the bottom of the picture and tell them what your concern if (privacy for example).

[Edited on 12/3/10 by iank]

tul214 - 12/3/10 at 12:57 PM

Ian,

I reported it last night and it is blured now.

Thanks,

Mark

Jon Ison - 12/3/10 at 03:46 PM

You live not far from Bryn Jones then? That's handy AllyFab
He is building a very nice GT40

Yup, he lives almost directly across the road, used to be the most locost inhabited street, 3 in total on the same street till Bryn sold his, now its down to 2.

lotusmadandy - 12/3/10 at 07:11 PM

I just checked out my house and my old zafira is on the drive,my mates astra is outside and my indy is peeping out of the open garage door.
I can also see wor lass in the living room window

Andy

UncleFista - 13/3/10 at 12:36 AM

Anyone looking for a Sierra ?

Doofus - 16/3/10 at 01:02 PM

Bing maps got Alan's old car (yellow MK) at my old house.
It's a few years old now though.

They even got him leaving in the middle shot.

Not quite up to scratch on the qualty, compared to Google.

Now you can go and search bing maps for more locosts.

alan
alan

ken555 - 19/3/10 at 09:23 PM

Try this one for size

ChrisW - 19/3/10 at 09:51 PM

Both my Cabriolet and XR3 are in this pic, must have been out in the MR2 that day!

Clicky

(NOTE: I don't live there any more, hence I don't mind you all knowing where I used to live!!)

Chris

[Edited on 3/19/2010 by ChrisW]