Board logo

Fireblade 919 water pump pipes?
tandi - 10/6/12 at 09:10 PM

Hi all
I have just finished putting back together my fury blade. Took it for a run and the water temp went to 110! Stopped quickly but not sure why temp went so high?

Can someone please confirm I have the 2 large pipes on the water pump the right way round?

I have the one next to the engine going to the block under the manifold. The one furthest from the engine goes to the bottom of the rad.

Cheers
Kevin

renetom - 11/6/12 at 06:45 AM

Hi
I have no idea if the blade is roughly the same as the R1 engine, but
have a look at our waterworks layout sketch in our archive.
Hope it helps
good luck
René

mark chandler - 11/6/12 at 06:51 AM

The pipe from the water pump at the rear goes to the bottom of the rad, the one from the thermostat, pipe from top drops down to the thermostat block above the starter motor goes to the top of the rad.

Personally I had trouble with this system so removed the thermostat block, and blocked the pipe back to the water pump, then used a thermostat on the housing in the cylinder, same as a 893 blade, and took this straight to the top of the rad.

A quick jump implies air in the system, you need a bubble pipe to the top of the rad from the top of the engine (the thermostat housing on the head.

tandi - 11/6/12 at 11:01 AM

Thanks all. I think it might be air as temp rises from cold to 115 degrees in 4 miles.
Will check this out later.
Cheers