Board logo

Steering Column OK for IVA
joneh - 28/9/14 at 12:23 PM

Hi,

Could someone tell me if this column is ok for the IVA? Not sure if its a collapsible type?

Many Thanks,
Jon

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

CosKev3 - 28/9/14 at 12:47 PM

Pretty sure that is collapsible, as the smaller diameter part will push up into the bigger upper part?

But can't remember what iva states is needed off hand

snapper - 28/9/14 at 01:44 PM

Column needs to deform away from the occupant so offsetting the column with the UJ's covers most of the recomendations

joneh - 28/9/14 at 02:16 PM

Excellent, I'll add this to the refurb pile then!

Thanks.

corrado vr6 - 28/9/14 at 07:33 PM

Don't you need two collapsible items?
On my IVA I tried saying that my Sierra column was collapsible due to the pin would break and the outer would slide down the inner, however my tester wanted two items hence I had to fit a collapsible boss

CosKev3 - 28/9/14 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by corrado vr6
Don't you need two collapsible items?
On my IVA I tried saying that my Sierra column was collapsible due to the pin would break and the outer would slide down the inner, however my tester wanted two items hence I had to fit a collapsible boss

Think he's wrong there, as a sierra column has two collapsible points, the lower triangle shaft part will push up into the upper part, and you've got the corrugated part at the top too

corrado vr6 - 28/9/14 at 08:07 PM

Ah now you mention it I was missing the corrugated section due to having an MNR column so now I remember why I had to have the collapsible boss
So Ignore me lol