Board logo

Dashboard Layout
JAG - 27/6/03 at 11:37 AM

Hi All,

I am doing a layout for the instruments on my dashboard.

I have individual Smiths instruments, Tacho, oil pressure, water temperature and fuel pressure + Sigma bike speedo with six warning lights and the appropriate switches for wipers/heater fan/washers/headlights etc...

I am looking for digi photos of other peoples dashboards, to give me some idea of what looks best. I have pictures of the Cateringvan and Westfield dash's so anyone got any others???? Please.

TIA

ned - 27/6/03 at 11:49 AM

i remember having seen a fair few in the photo archive...

worth a look...

Ned.

stephen_gusterson - 29/6/03 at 10:21 PM

here is mine

the dash is mahogany veneer with 6 coats of varnish.

instruments, tho whited out, are cockpit royale cream dials with roman type numerals - bought from a USA company in detroit

http://www.egauges.com

atb

steve Rescued attachment dash.jpg
Rescued attachment dash.jpg

Viper - 29/6/03 at 10:27 PM

Roman Type numerals? is that sva compliant?

chrisg - 29/6/03 at 10:32 PM

My Dash layout is on my photo archive, carint.jpg

Cheers

Chris

stephen_gusterson - 29/6/03 at 10:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Viper
Roman Type numerals? is that sva compliant?

by that I mean 'sans serif' type.

I dont need to know the speed limit is XXXC or whatever miles per hr!

see the site link I gave for details

[Edited on 30/6/03 by stephen_gusterson]

David Jenkins - 30/6/03 at 07:46 AM

Another approach can be found amongst my pictures - use the button under this text (or under the avatar, can't remember!)

David

Browser - 7/8/03 at 11:18 PM

Looking at the wooden dash further up, I though that under SVA rules they weren't allowed, along with wood rim steering wheels as they were made of a material that could splinter. Am I mistaken? If so I could be tempted by a lump of dead tree.

mr loo - 7/8/03 at 11:30 PM

Picture of my dash in my photo section

stephen_gusterson - 8/8/03 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Browser
Looking at the wooden dash further up, I though that under SVA rules they weren't allowed, along with wood rim steering wheels as they were made of a material that could splinter. Am I mistaken? If so I could be tempted by a lump of dead tree.

there is nothing about wood in the sva (in my 2000 manual). There is however something about radius at bottom edge, which will be dealt with.

if its a problem, I could cover it with PVC - how many locosts have plastic covered wooden dash boars that would shatter thro the pvc cloth - loads I recon.

The big however - Its thin veneer over MDF - MDF is just dust and glue and dont splinter!

atb

steve

[Edited on 8/8/03 by stephen_gusterson]

stephen_gusterson - 8/8/03 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mr loo
Picture of my dash in my photo section

Simple but very neat!

atb

steve