Board logo

Westfield Cage
j3w3ll3r - 28/5/11 at 02:35 PM

Just thinking out loud for a second

Thinking of fitting a full cage, before I go buy a new one, does anyone have a secondhand one they don't need and how easy are they to fit (i know a pretty competent welder)

I have a 1994 SE widebody Westfield

ta

Stephen

procomp - 28/5/11 at 02:49 PM

Hi

Youll be unlikley to find a seconhand one. But i would try the WSCC forum if looking for one.

I can however offer you the one we do for the Westfields which is fully fitted ( welded not bolt on ) with side protection if required fully FIA certificated to the very latest standards ( no others available meet the very latest standards ) drive in drive out fully finished £900. U2U me if i can help in any way.

[img] Westfield with the full procomp cage fitted.
Westfield with the full procomp cage fitted.
[/img]

Cheers Matt

j3w3ll3r - 28/5/11 at 03:39 PM

Hiya

Thanks for the reply, u where on my list for people to contact, TBF i find the WSCC forum really pompous. I do lurk about over there but really never feel too inclined to post much

The only problem with your cage that i can foresee is me getting in and out as i have a Prolapsed Disc, and the side bar could be an issue (you may ask, why the bloody hell have you got such a stupid car then?.....)

Just a thought, have u supplied any friendly locosters that mite not mind me popping round to see if i can squeeze in with out have a seizure midway thru it

[Edited on 28/5/11 by j3w3ll3r]

procomp - 28/5/11 at 04:08 PM

Hi

Not sure i have fitted any to cars in the Essex area but ill have a look through the files.
However as you are suffering with back problems what we can do is modify the cage so that it will make life easier for you to enter and exit the car. This will take the cage away from being fully FIA certificated but will however be made to be fully MSA compliant. That will keep the added value when you come to move the car on at a later date and will make it as easy as possible for you to gain entry.

Cheers Matt

JacksAvon - 28/5/11 at 04:23 PM

£900 fitted.

A very good price indeed.

You may find the cage actually helps you get in and out, lots more hand holds etc

[Edited on 28/5/11 by JacksAvon]

SeanStone - 28/5/11 at 05:09 PM

Do you do that for locosts too?

joni - 28/5/11 at 05:10 PM

hi what weight is the cage iam looking one for a light weigth car i am building
regards jonny

hobzy - 28/5/11 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp

[img] Westfield with the full procomp cage fitted.
Westfield with the full procomp cage fitted.
[/img]

Completely off topic hijack sorry, but anyone know what mirrors they are on that car? Can't see bugger all through my racetech ones and they dont look too bad for bigger mirrors...

Back on topic, £900 very reasonable...

procomp - 28/5/11 at 08:46 PM

Hi

The cage in full FIA guise can be fitted to any of the Locost chassis that are close to the original book or Westfield desihn. Weight wise it comes in at 21 -23 Kg depending upon side protection requirements.

The mirrors on the car pictured are the ones that Westfield use.

Cheers Matt

hobzy - 28/5/11 at 08:52 PM

Ta!

procomp - 29/5/11 at 04:01 PM

Hi

Forgot to mention that the price also includes adding the extra chassis members that go from the bottom of the dash area / cage mounting area to the intermediate bulkhead. These where fitted to all the westfield RACE chassis and optional on the road chassis.

Cheers Matt

alistairolsen - 30/5/11 at 06:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi

Forgot to mention that the price also includes adding the extra chassis members that go from the bottom of the dash area / cage mounting area to the intermediate bulkhead. These where fitted to all the westfield RACE chassis and optional on the road chassis.

Cheers Matt

Matt, Any pics of this additional member?

I'd love one of your cages when the time comes but would like to avoid you having to pull apart a just finished car to do it! Any way to achieve this?

Cheers