Board logo

Kit Car Wanted
p2ccolo - 11/1/13 at 10:34 AM

Still looking for a road legal CEC or BEC! MK Indy, MNR, MAC#1 or similar.

My budget is between £4-6k

Please drop me a message if your looking to sell yours.

carlknight1982 - 11/1/13 at 10:41 AM

Check out the haynes roadster for sale on ebay

p2ccolo - 11/1/13 at 10:48 AM

Yea, thats gone already. I was talking to guy about it yesterday, he said he wouldn't sell it to anyone else as I was first in line to contact him and was going to buy/pay deposit today after he confirmed the dimensions and sent a couple more pictures, but then someone else came along and pressed the buy now button and paid him a deposit so he sold it to them. Absolutely Gutted. I should've just pressed the buy now button to stop someone else from doing it, but didn't want to annoy him. But I feel a bit hard done by considering I thought we had an agreement- I would've paid a deposit yesterday if it wasn't for him saying to wait till he sends the pictures this morning. Lesson learned.

[Edited on 11/1/13 by p2ccolo]

designer - 11/1/13 at 11:16 AM

Problem is that you can't turn a paying customer away because you have a 'promise' to buy.

The Haynes roadster was not on your wish list. All 7's are 'similar', what exactly are you after?

p2ccolo - 11/1/13 at 11:25 AM

Yes, I get that. Was just disapointed because I would've paid the deposit myself and bought it already through ebay, the only reason I didn't is because the seller said to wait till this morning and had said he would make sure I had first priority on the car. Anyway doesn't mater now... the search continues.

I'm looking for a well built/sorted car, which is nice example, and has a reasonable amount of power (im not looking for a slow 1.6 engine for example) whilst the haynes wasn't initially on my wish list as such, that particular car was essentially pro built, very well sorted, looked great and had a decent spec engine at a good price so looked a great buy.

The intention of the purchase is for mixed track and road use.

johny p - 11/1/13 at 12:59 PM

im also on the look out for somethimg in that price range.. i also was too late on the haynes roadster on ebay. i spoke to him last night and we agreed a price of 4K for it. was gutted when emailed him this morning to come and view and found out hes flogged it.........

kendo - 11/1/13 at 01:28 PM

I'm considering selling mine, so feel free to have a look in my photo archive and let me know.

The car is road legal, though it is on a sorn at the moment.

The only differences are that I've changed the roll hoop to a new chrome westfield one and it now has a boot box.

[Edited on 11/1/13 by kendo]

matty h - 11/1/13 at 02:41 PM

I have a MK which will be up for sale soon it is a dedion rear end and is sierra based with 2.0 8v vauxhall engine running bike carbs and kent cam PM me if intrested or want more details.
Matty

johny p - 11/1/13 at 02:51 PM

hi matty.. can you post some pics up and specs please mate and ruffly what type of money your looking for regards john...

p2ccolo - 11/1/13 at 03:05 PM

Hi Matty H

I too am also interested, I have sent you a u2u

Greenie - 11/1/13 at 05:43 PM

Check mine out in my archive, I can be persuaded at the right price.........

omega 24 v6 - 11/1/13 at 05:53 PM

My +442 up for garbs as well. pm for detail and spec/info.

hobzy - 12/1/13 at 04:47 PM

Mine will have to go to MK Indy R1. It'll be in that price range. Haven't put an ad up anywhere yet.

Finally given in to the boss

daniel mason - 12/1/13 at 07:50 PM

id look for a used westfield!