Board logo

Wanted Engine Crane
joneh - 20/6/15 at 08:29 PM

After a foldable engine crane around the Southampton / Portsmouth area. Seen a few on the bay but thought I'd check here.

Thanks
Jon

mark chandler - 20/6/15 at 08:43 PM

I,ve got one, £50 if that's any use, 20 miles up the m3.

The seals leak so you need to top up before use and bleed which is a pain, not expensive to replace the seals I have not used it for years now so have not bothered.

it's lifted a v12 jaguar engine in the past, plenty strong enough for most jobs.

Regards Mark

joneh - 20/6/15 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
I,ve got one, £50 if that's any use, 20 miles up the m3.

The seals leak so you need to top up before use and bleed which is a pain, not expensive to replace the seals I have not used it for years now so have not bothered.

it's lifted a v12 jaguar engine in the past, plenty strong enough for most jobs.

Regards Mark

Thanks, I'll leave that as option B for now if that's ok. I'd prefer one that doesn't need a fix, although seals blowing seems fairly common...

corrado vr6 - 20/6/15 at 10:07 PM

Hi Jon

If it's just for a one off lift as I'm not looking to sell but I have a Clarke crane that I don't mind lending out for a bit
I'm based in Winchester SO21

Let me know if this helps you out
Greg

DanP - 20/6/15 at 11:02 PM

I'm in Lee on solent, not for sale but welcome to borrow.

Cheers,
Dan

joneh - 21/6/15 at 08:50 AM

Wow thanks guys, Dan I'm just around the corner from you in Titchfield Common so may take you up on that.

I'm still going to see if I can buy one for now as I can see this being an engine in out in out project taking a few months. I'm predicting the webers fouling the steering and all hosts of issues.

Thanks
Jon

scudderfish - 21/6/15 at 10:10 AM

Also be prepared to lift the car to get the crane to fit underneath, and get a load leveller.