Board logo

Replacement Central Heating
stevebubs - 13/6/08 at 07:47 PM

Anyone recommend anyone local to Reading?

rallyingden - 13/6/08 at 08:49 PM

I used Mr central heating .com

Good prices, 7 rads any size all pipe valves & boiler £700 ( 2 years ago) help if you need it on the phone and very fast delivery.

RD

stevebubs - 13/6/08 at 10:36 PM

Actually looking for someone to come out and replace my Dad's boiler. It's not broken, but it's behind the fire in the lounge and if it's moved, he can most likely reclaim about 5m2 of lounge space.

Markp - 14/6/08 at 07:58 AM

sorry I can't help with anyone local to you but a word of friendly advise (might open a can of worms here!).

If you are going for a new boiler then go for the Worcester range, far superia boiler.

don't go for ravenheat, halstead, biasi, ferroli, ariston even some baxi's aren't up to much.

I see it everyday, people get a cheap quote from a pumber and use the line "I only fit these boilers" or " its the best one out"
In reality they are normaly cheap boilers,
and the installer normally can't fix it if it goes wrong (which it will)

Like everything in life you get what you pay for so spend a little more and get something better.

End of the day it's your choice, this is just what i see every day.

regards Mark

Ps this reply is not intended to offend anyone

foes - 14/6/08 at 09:06 AM

yep worcester are pretty good as above don't go for the cheaper makes, if you've got the cash then go for a vaillant....

stevebubs - 14/6/08 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by foes
yep worcester are pretty good as above don't go for the cheaper makes, if you've got the cash then go for a vaillant....

I work for Siemens, so shouldn't have too much problem getting a Worcester...