Board logo

Sketch up for Window XP
Mr Whippy - 16/2/18 at 07:37 AM

My laptop has windows XP on it which I'm very happy with and have no inclination to update

However I did have sketch up on it (I have autocad too) but it asked to do an update only then tell me XP & Vista were no longer supported and now it doesn't work great job google...thanks a bunch!!!

I've been trying to find a download of the older XP version to reinstall but have not managed to find one that looks genuine, this quite annoying as it was working fine and I used it a lot (house designs)

Any ideas? also if I updated windows my autocad would not work and I use the even more than sketchup

Cheers

Barkalarr - 16/2/18 at 07:49 AM

I’m looking for a download for windows 10 - it’s wanting me to use the web based too and I don’t want that.

loggyboy - 16/2/18 at 09:58 AM

It hasnt been owned by google for years. Its Trimble now. What version were you using?
To be fair XP is SO old now you should be looking at using 7 at least. Its like complaining you cant get 4star any more.Or run 2 pcs with XP on one and a newer version on the other. Your autocad must be ancient also, as thats been 7+ dependant for 3 years.

[Edited on 16-2-18 by loggyboy]

Mr Whippy - 16/2/18 at 12:53 PM

my landys 36 years old and also also soooo old but it does its job just fine, not going to buy a new one just cos its old

my laptop was designed for vista and ran like a pig on that, runs very well indeed on XP for what I need and would be slower on a later version of windows. The autocad I have I know very well and is ideal for what I require as was sketchup

McLannahan - 16/2/18 at 03:05 PM

Hi Whipster - Have you tried OldVersion.com?

Really useful for old software that's still very functional but been pulled for a newer "better" version!

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/google-sketchup/

Mr Whippy - 20/2/18 at 12:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
Hi Whipster - Have you tried OldVersion.com?

Really useful for old software that's still very functional but been pulled for a newer "better" version!

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/google-sketchup/

oh.... no I'd never seen that site thanks very much

dmrider_10 - 20/2/18 at 03:38 PM

Just for info, windows vista is widely know as microsofts biggest f**k up. Windows 7 is superb and stable and will run way way better than the vista it was designed for and most likely better than your XP too