Board logo

Locost Group Buy - Jaguar C-Type
T66 - 29/5/11 at 05:44 PM

I have a plan to secure the finest looking car ever built, all I need is 800 Locosters to commit to a spend of £1500 each.

This will secure you an 800th share- which equates to a daily use of the car for around 45 minutes.

I will scrap the Fiat and provide my heated garage to store the car, and provide full delivery services to the syndicate @ £10 per trailer mile, UK & Europe.

Just add your name to the list below -

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2851230.htm

1) Me....

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

stevegough - 29/5/11 at 05:59 PM

I've just spoilt your plan - I have just bought it

Please accept my sincere apologies.

T66 - 29/5/11 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevegough

And so close, yet so far.....

clairetoo - 29/5/11 at 06:38 PM

quote:

This is entirely consistent with the damaged front frame having been amputated and replaced.

1.2 million for a cut'n'shut

macspeedy - 29/5/11 at 06:40 PM

bit rusty as well

HowardB - 29/5/11 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
quote:

This is entirely consistent with the damaged front frame having been amputated and replaced.

1.2 million for a cut'n'shut

yes but it does have "original" and rare track rod ends, they must be worth £500,000 each atleast,...!

Alan B - 29/5/11 at 06:53 PM

I don't even think it's that attractive either.

IMO of course

Alan B

DRC INDY 7 - 29/5/11 at 07:09 PM

So it's an original c type but it's not totally original mmmmmmmm me thinks it is too much money and shame about the colour

Rod Ends - 29/5/11 at 07:17 PM

C-type replica - Makes a change from yet-another-Cobra!

steve m - 29/5/11 at 07:20 PM

Ringer, call the locost ringer squad, they should be on here soon

T66 - 29/5/11 at 07:26 PM

As an apprentice in a local garage, on our down time we re-shelled a 63 3.8 E-type , the horrible arsehole owner bought a brand new chassis, the numbers from the rusty car were transferred. And eventually the rustbucket morphed into a stunning immaculate E-Type ........

personally Ive seen some really sick cars, jigged properly and put back to work. If the guys doing it are good, then theres no problem.

C-types rock - and the next car on my list will be an Ultima or C-Type (triple webers mmmm)

mookaloid - 29/5/11 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Ringer, call the locost ringer squad, they should be on here soon

Doesn't look like a ringer to me.

johnq - 29/5/11 at 07:56 PM

take a look at proteus c types, sorry dont know how to do a link ,hopefully someone will sort it. but it is a DREEEAAAAM,

T66 - 29/5/11 at 07:59 PM

If a car goes into a wall at 60mph - pancakes the front end and needs a re-shell, all the bits get moved across onto a new chassis, it makes the car non original, doesnt make it a ringer.

A debate ensues....

My charming boss sold the 63 E-type for big bucks, no mention of ringers.

iank - 29/5/11 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johnq
take a look at proteus c types, sorry dont know how to do a link ,hopefully someone will sort it. but it is a DREEEAAAAM,

http://www.proteuscars.co.uk/c-type.asp

Always preferred D types myself.

tomgregory2000 - 29/5/11 at 08:03 PM

Not for me thanks

Bit ugly

iank - 29/5/11 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by T66
If a car goes into a wall at 60mph - pancakes the front end and needs a re-shell, all the bits get moved across onto a new chassis, it makes the car non original, doesnt make it a ringer.

A debate ensues....

My charming boss sold the 63 E-type for big bucks, no mention of ringers.

No debate on the re-shelled car - that's the law as it's a repair in the eyes of the DVLA.

The bent shell can't, legally, be made into another car without having an IVA etc. these days. BUT pre SVA all you needed was an MOT and to fill in the DVLA forms to make a 'new' car so back then it was quite legal to do that (with the minor exception of a potential fraud if it was passed off as a real E type).

tomgregory2000 - 29/5/11 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by T66

C-types rock - and the next car on my list will be an Ultima or C-Type (triple webers mmmm)

Has to be the ultima for me

stevegough - 29/5/11 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
Not for me thanks

Bit ugly

Er - is that YOU or the CAR ? Flogged that red beast yet, Tom?

Humbug - 29/5/11 at 09:27 PM

so... if an 800th share gives me 45 minutes use daily, one day is 600 hours long?

David Jenkins - 29/5/11 at 09:41 PM

I'd rather have one of these (Suffolk SS100 - Jaguar SS100 replica)

They're made about 20 miles from where I live, and I see one or two occasionally... shame I can't afford to build one... (around £35K, apparently, if you want to do a good job).

TimC - 29/5/11 at 10:17 PM

Lovely car!!!

A guy a few miles from my folks' place, amongst his collection, has a genuine XKSS. Gulp, a bit rare.

Steve Hignett - 29/5/11 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I'd rather have one of these (Suffolk SS100 - Jaguar SS100 replica)

They're made about 20 miles from where I live, and I see one or two occasionally... shame I can't afford to build one... (around £35K, apparently, if you want to do a good job).

Any excuse to dig this old photo from my archive!

It was in the middle of a busy and noisy show

scootz - 30/5/11 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stevegough

And I have just spoilt yours as I have decided that I no longer wish to sell it in one piece... it will be dismantled in the morning and sold in pieces.

£100 the lot anyone (+ £30 UK P&P)?