Board logo

AA Dealer Care Extended Guarantee
001Ben - 1/4/12 at 03:54 PM

I am looking at buying an 09 plate volvo s40 T5 and the dealer has given me the option to purchase an AA gold guarantee for £400, has anyone any experience of this guarantee? is it worth it? what are the dealers legal responsibilities if I choose not to buy it and then something happens to the car??

The guarantee they are proposing is this one here:

AA Gold dealer extended Warranty

[Edited on 1/4/12 by 001Ben]

JAMSTER - 1/4/12 at 04:01 PM

i work for a used car dealer with the aa warranty and they are s**t they don't want to pay out for anything. thing's have to be broken

take a wheel bearing for example making a rumble not covered. it has to collapse maybe the wheel fall off for it to be covered
as it would then be broken.

mechanical breakdown warranty

D Beddows - 1/4/12 at 04:20 PM

Keep your £400 - it will be much more use to you should anything break than one of those warranties. Made the mistake of buying something similar years ago - had a few issues with the car and NOTHING I tried to claim for was ever covered (or there was a get out clause for the insurance company - the item didn't break on a Tuesday in Milton Keynes between 2am and 4am etc etc)

001Ben - 1/4/12 at 04:39 PM

ok, doesnt sound like its worth the money then. Ha sanybody else had any experinces of them or what a dealers is legally obliged to cover?