Board logo

Dry sump fixings - what are they are where from? Pics now attached!
carpmart - 16/3/16 at 02:49 PM

Chaps

So I managed to punch a big hole in the block on my RPE Kawasaki zzr1100 motor in the back of my Radical. The good news (relatively) is that I have another motor to install. The bad news is that there is what appears to be a fixing for a return line welded into the head. My question is, where can I purchase this kind of fixing from? It measures 21.6 mm on the threaded section, which seemed a strange size to me...? Its just the weld in part I need, leaving a male threaded section for the right angle fixing to fasten to.

I also need an adapter for the oil pressure sender, it's 17.7mm and 8.5mm respectively on each side of the adapter, any ideas where to get that from too?

Description
Description

Description
Description

I will post some pics once I remember how to do that...

[Edited on 16/3/16 by carpmart]

[Edited on 16/3/16 by carpmart]

pewe - 16/3/16 at 06:47 PM

Could do worse than talk to these guys linky
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe10

phelpsa - 16/3/16 at 07:21 PM

One of these for the cylinder head probably:

AN -10 (AN10 -10 JIC AN 10) Male Aluminium Weld On Fitting Round Base

And the second fixing is probably an M18x1.5 to -3 AN/JIC.

redturner - 16/3/16 at 10:17 PM

They look like standard Goodrich fittings.....

Tatey - 17/3/16 at 12:52 PM

I agree with phelpsa, the cylinder head will be a JIC AN-10 (also called dash 10) male weld on and the sump fitting will be an M18x1.5 to JIC AN-3 male to male union (also called dash 3). They are religiously used with race teams.

http://atecautotechnic.co.uk/en/ will have what you need, I don't have a catalogue handy for part numbers but give them a call and they'll be able to sort you out.

[Edited on 17/3/16 by Tatey]

carpmart - 29/3/16 at 07:03 AM

Many thanks to all who replied and assisted with my questions..... I'm all sorted now!