Board logo

My moment of realisation
speedyxjs - 11/1/10 at 06:53 PM

I was sitting in my electronics lesson very nearly asleep when i realised just how much work i have left to do on the locost.

I was planning to hopefully pass IVA by the end of April so i could take her on the London to Brighton Jag run but i dont think (going by the mental list i was making) it'll get done by then

Oh well, should be done by the summer.

blakep82 - 11/1/10 at 06:54 PM

yeah, i keep doing that too
i don't think there's a HUGE amount left on mine, but too much to get my head round. and too much money involved too..

maybe april 2011...

tomprescott - 11/1/10 at 07:38 PM

Yeah same here
In my final year of uni now so exams and assignments have to take priority over the car!
Got so much to do, I'll be happy if I get it completed this year!

jacko - 11/1/10 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
I was sitting in my electronics lesson very nearly asleep when i realised just how much work i have left to do on the locost.

I was planning to hopefully pass IVA by the end of April so i could take her on the London to Brighton Jag run but i dont think (going by the mental list i was making) it'll get done by then

Oh well, should be done by the summer.

Yes and you spend far to much time on here so get in the garage and get on with it

gordon h - 11/1/10 at 08:03 PM

as above you spend to much time on here i should have mine done in 3months.

gordon h - 11/1/10 at 08:04 PM

as above you spend to much time on here i should have mine done in 3months.

MakeEverything - 11/1/10 at 08:19 PM

ditto. I spend my spare time on here and on the blackberry to get in the garage and do the little jobs tat could be done, even in the snow!!!

Danozeman - 11/1/10 at 08:41 PM

Pull your finger out man... Book your IVA now for then. Thatl make you do it.

Bluemoon - 11/1/10 at 09:52 PM

Yep pull finger out (but then it's meant to be fun so don't over do it).. Thing that got ours finished was the SVA/IVA change over "deadline" (still took 4 years!!, was meant to take 6months????!!!)..

Dan

[Edited on 11/1/10 by Bluemoon]

speed8 - 11/1/10 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bluemoon
Yep pull finger out (but then it's meant to be fun so don't over do it).. Thing that got ours finished was the SVA/IVA change over "deadline" (still took 4 years!!, was meant to take 6months????!!!)..

Dan

I know somebody else like that

mad4x4 - 12/1/10 at 09:25 AM

Pin the list tp the wall in the garage (build area) and score off every time you do a job. It will come down quite quickly you will be suprised.

Keep the Chin up - THere is light at the end of the tunnel. and a big cheesy GRIN

Vindi_andy - 12/1/10 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speed8
quote:
Originally posted by Bluemoon

Dan

I know somebody else like that

Me too

Regards the list on the garage wall its a great idea. My only problem was the missus kept adding jobs to it faster than I was taking them off

[Edited on 12/1/10 by Vindi_andy]

cd.thomson - 12/1/10 at 01:49 PM

speedy dont worry, i suspect its just the winter malady putting these thoughts in your head.

I've not got mine running yet but I plan to IVA it in april!

PaulBuz - 12/1/10 at 02:57 PM

I just had my DVLA inspection this morning.
8 years after starting!
I seem to remember that I read somewhere that the building of the chassis was 50% of the work.!
Dream on.

RK - 12/1/10 at 05:14 PM

One job at a time and it gets finished faster than your bank account drains. Yes, it can be that quick.

speedyxjs - 14/1/10 at 01:04 PM

Cheers guys, i thought about applying for IVA now but problem is i can afford it. I have £40 to last me till the end of the month

scudderfish - 14/1/10 at 01:13 PM

You're obviously going to too many lectures. In my final year I went to 5 out of significantly more than that, and I still got a degree!

RK - 14/1/10 at 08:17 PM

I think I should have tried to go to university in your country. Here we have to actually attend and study.

Ninehigh - 16/1/10 at 10:21 AM

Just waiting for the charity things to come round with their donation bags so we can clear the garage full of clothes, then clear the rest of the stuff that's collected. Then maybe I can start getting the equipment needed to make it, then the kit. Don't worry about taking 6 months to finish it I've taken 2 years to get the space to start it!