quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Legend. RIP

Certainly was!

andy o - 9/12/12 at 02:03 PM

will be another star in the sky tonight

Simon - 9/12/12 at 02:21 PM

Was only watching him yesterday

What a shame, sad day for stargazers everywhere.

ATB

Simon

woodster - 9/12/12 at 02:29 PM

Reading about his life he really was a legend ... Truely a life lived to the fullest, I think the best fact about him was he was a friend of the first man to fly the first man in space and a personnel friend of the first man on the moon ....... R.I.P and thank you

flibble - 9/12/12 at 02:36 PM

Nooooooooooo, he was awesome :'(

theconrodkid - 9/12/12 at 03:14 PM

he made dust interesting but all is not lost,we have prof Brian Cox now
RIP Patrick

Daddylonglegs - 9/12/12 at 03:21 PM

RIP! He was one of a kind.

Confused but excited. - 9/12/12 at 03:27 PM

He was certainly a lovable character.

jacko - 9/12/12 at 03:50 PM

Sad loss RIP

Jacko

morcus - 9/12/12 at 05:14 PM

A sad day, It seems really odd to be shocked by the death of an 89 year old man, but It really does feel like it's out of the blue.

Cox is alright but he's no Patrick. Maybe Brian May could step into the breach?

britishtrident - 9/12/12 at 05:18 PM

The end of several eras .......................................................................... :-( The man was astronomy on British TV

It would be nice if his ashes are put into space like Gene Roddenbery and James Doohan.

blakep82 - 9/12/12 at 05:22 PM

and lets not forget his work as the games master in the 90's!
i used to love watching the sky at night, not actually seen it for years though. probably since early 00's

britishtrident - 9/12/12 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by morcus
A sad day, It seems really odd to be shocked by the death of an 89 year old man, but It really does feel like it's out of the blue.

Cox is alright but he's no Patrick. Maybe Brian May could step into the breach?

Filling Moore's place is impossible but perhaps we will see Heather Couper back on our screens although she is now around retirement age.
I like Brian Cox but he is more about making astro -physics fun than discussing interesting photos of Saturn's rings

t11 - 9/12/12 at 06:49 PM

A great loss to us all, i loved the sky at night...there will be another in the sky tonight R.I.P Sir Patrick

Peteff - 9/12/12 at 08:02 PM

You think some things will just go on forever, it's a shame they don't I loved the weebl's stuff cartoon of him playing the xylophone and it's a fitting tribute to him.

woodster - 9/12/12 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
The end of several eras .......................................................................... :-( The man was astronomy on British TV

It would be nice if his ashes are put into space like Gene Roddenbery and James Doohan.

I second that!!! ... Very fitting that he spends the rest of time traveling amongst the stars ....... can i suggest Brian May to try and fill his shoes, a legend in his own right , mad hair and a genuine love of space , him and Brian Cox would make a good sky at night team

steve m - 9/12/12 at 09:54 PM

As Conrod says

"he made dust interesting but all is not lost,we have prof Brian Cox now
RIP Patrick"

he had a good time, so well done!