Board logo

cats love em or hate em
mangogrooveworkshop - 30/11/05 at 10:39 PM

Love em or hate em linky thing

[Edited on 30-11-05 by mangogrooveworkshop] Rescued attachment MAX1-991.jpg
Rescued attachment MAX1-991.jpg

greggors84 - 30/11/05 at 10:43 PM

Looks like youve become addicted to google video!!

I must admit it is great, one thing really annoys me though, whenever i search for anything there are always loads of American TV and Film archive interview videos first. Whatever you search for!

mookaloid - 30/11/05 at 10:45 PM

well hate em actually. I mean what's the point?

They don't do anything useful, they just crap everywhere but their own gardens and kill nice little wild birds.

Hate em - they make me sneeze too

donut - 30/11/05 at 10:56 PM

I agree, shoot the lot of them!!

omega 24 v6 - 30/11/05 at 11:07 PM

Look we've done this one before and it's quite simple .
Some people love them and some people are normal.
End of story.
By the way I'm normal.

andylancaster3000 - 30/11/05 at 11:22 PM

there's nothing wrong with cats! How can anyone not like them after that video?! ..and no i'm not a 80 year old women!

Andy.

Dusty - 30/11/05 at 11:32 PM

Love em, with a little garlic and plenty of gravy.

JoelP - 30/11/05 at 11:38 PM

kill zem.... KILL ZEM ALL!

kipper - 1/12/05 at 01:38 AM

Can I borrow one of them. bloody mice have eaten my wiring.........Grrrrrrrrrrr

Benzine - 1/12/05 at 02:15 AM

That cat vid is great, older than the sun, but great. Here's some jumping kittehs!

dl_peabody - 1/12/05 at 06:16 AM

I love cats they taste like chicken.

smart51 - 1/12/05 at 08:06 AM

Cats are vermin that should be minced to make diesel.

(the story of the German who made diesel out of cats was the best story I've ever heard.)

Peteff - 1/12/05 at 10:12 AM

I didn't se it on there so here it is.
On this page

James - 1/12/05 at 10:58 AM

Cats are great!

Dogs are horrible, dirty, smelly, damn ugly and their idiot owners get them to crap all over the street!

What more needs be said!

Cheers,
James

Peteff - 1/12/05 at 11:31 AM

but they don't make very good gravy .
I cleaned up after my dog when I had one. Indoor cats are alright as long as they keep off the table and worktops when they've been in the litter tray

MikeRJ - 1/12/05 at 05:15 PM

I love cats and dogs, most animals in fact. Dogs are more loyal, but generaly pretty stupid (there are noteable exceptions of course) and they can be filthy bloody things, eating/rolling in sh1t etc.

Nothing to dislike about cats IMO, apart from cleaning out their litter tray which is pretty awfull.

Marlon - 1/12/05 at 05:36 PM

I have to say that they should all be SHOT. here's a few of the many reasons as to why I think this;
1. they eat my fish out of my pond.
2. they cr4p all over the garden
3. they have scratched h3ll out of my scooby and our lass's motor climbing on them on my drive.

mangogrooveworkshop - 1/12/05 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Marlon
I have to say that they should all be SHOT. here's a few of the many reasons as to why I think this;
1. they eat my fish out of my pond.
2. they cr4p all over the garden
3. they have scratched h3ll out of my scooby and our lass's motor climbing on them on my drive.

Im a fish keeper as well as a cat owner and have never had any problems like you describe. A solution is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Koi-Pond-Heron-Dog-Cat-PEST-REPELLER-scarer-SCARECROW_W0QQitemZ7727042010QQcategoryZ50365QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting r />
this will sort the problem.......

When did a domestic cat ever kill a human.

Dogs fatally maul swiss boy

December 01 2005 at 11:22AM

Geneva - A six year-old boy has died after being attacked by a pack of dogs while walking to school in a northern Swiss village, police said Thursday.

The youngster was so badly mauled that he died on the spot near the local kindergarten in Oberglatt, north of the Swiss city of Zurich, local police said in a statement

The 41-year-old owner of the dogs was in police custody and his animals were also seized, they added.

Three dogs were thought to have been involved in the attack but police in the canton of Zurich said they were still uncertain of the number.

The boy's mother, his school friends and teacher were receiving psychological support.

Some 13 000 people are bitten by dogs every year in Switzerland but no direct deaths have been reported in recent years, according to the Swiss news agency ATS.

Small children are more at risk of serious injury because they are bitten in the head and upper body, while adults tend to suffer bites to their limbs.

Several incidents involving attacks by pet dogs in recent years have triggered a sharp debate in Switzerland about the degree of control owners have over some types of dogs, and their responsibility.

Swiss authorities hope electronic tagging, which will be obligatory nationwide next year, and a national database will help keep track of dangerous dogs.

Despite moves by some regional authorities to identify dangerous breeds and restrict sales, federal veterinary officials have declined to take similar steps at national level or advocate stricter measures such as muzzles. - Sapa-AFP

[Edited on 1-12-05 by mangogrooveworkshop]

[Edited on 1-12-05 by mangogrooveworkshop]

mangogrooveworkshop - 1/12/05 at 06:10 PM

Rescued attachment kitty11.jpg
Rescued attachment kitty11.jpg

flak monkey - 1/12/05 at 06:17 PM

Nice to see how many people think its OK to harm cats then.....

Personally I love em. Much more friendly and entertaining that dumb dogs.

If you want to keep them out of your garden all you need to do is place some orange peel (or other cirtus fruit peel) around the edge of your property. You dont need much as cats hate the smell of it, and they wont come in.

David

Rorty - 2/12/05 at 04:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Marlon
I have to say that they should all be SHOT... they have scratched h3ll out of my scooby and our lass's motor climbing on them on my drive.

It's a stupid car FFS!
I love all animals..except for snakes, spiders, Rotweilers (including the one that wears lipstick and Mrs. Rorty insists on calling "Mum" ), Alsations and jelly fish.
Why don't we shoot you and then you won't have to worry about your precious car?

Jumpy Guy - 2/12/05 at 09:02 AM

Cats scratching your car? you been smearing kit e kat on it?

or maybe it just doesnt like the colour!

David Jenkins - 2/12/05 at 09:23 AM

In many (most?) cases of attacks by dogs the problem can usually be traced back to bad owners (barring feral ex-domestic animals, of course).

Typical causes are: keeping a big agressive dog "'cos it looks 'ard" but failing to manage it properly; keeping an intelligent working dog (border collie, jack russell, etc) in a family home with nothing to occupy its mind; failing to appreciate the 'pack mind' of a dog, and allowing to think it's 'top dog' in its pack (the family).

I have a dog that I believe wouldn't harm anyone - but I never let it get into a position where it might. I also clean up after it, and don't let it bother anyone by jumping up, or by agressive barking. I also try to give it a good and rewarding life, and make sure that it is happy with its place in 'the pack'.

rgds,
David

James - 2/12/05 at 11:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rorty

I love all animals..except for snakes, spiders,
<snip> and jelly fish.

Good thing you moved to Australia then!

Cheers,
James

DarrenW - 2/12/05 at 11:49 AM

i hate Cats. Kill all of the birds round our way every Spring but dont eat them (im still majorly pi55ed off about the woodpecker getting nobbled). They leave foul smelly dooda in you garden borders. They make our dogs bark (its fun to see them run when they get out of kennel though). They are nasty. Sly. And above all dont have enough meat on them to make a decent sandwich.

Did i tell you that im not bothered about Cats?

locogeoff - 2/12/05 at 12:52 PM

Didn't like cats, was always a dog lover myself, until my partner Dot brought her cat to live with us, grew to love it and after she died, the cat that is, we got two more who bred and I now have three cats, you have to keep one of the litter acording to Dot

as for killing for sport, I've always found that they eat their prey, I know this after one of them brough back mouse as a present, just as Kimi Rikonen was starting his qualifiing run I acknowledged her gift and said i would look at it after the lap, well she obviously thought that i didn't wan't the mouse but was happy that she had brought me a present, so eat it herself right infront of me, by the time Kimi had completed the lap there was a tail and a wee bit ringpiece left and she walked off with a contented face on

mind you I have seen them be real cruel with mice they have caught, and on the other hand the killer in our group can jump off of a conservatory roof with a mouse in her mouth land on the ground, give the mouse to us still alive and without any marks on it, you can TRAIN a dog to do that sort of thing.

p.s. we always let the mice go in the woods, and the youngest used to always catch daddy long legs which she eat and made her skitter like mad, but we still love them.