Board logo

anyone like old bikes?
02GF74 - 29/1/08 at 11:03 AM

I mean really really old bikes

DarrenW - 29/1/08 at 12:20 PM

Arent they nice. Wonder if they can be road legal?

Go to information, mouse on bottom lh pic - you will find the bikes have a Filly Functional Front Springer. How very spiffing.

Mr Whippy - 29/1/08 at 12:32 PM

I think being replicas they would need to conform to current regulations as far as lights, noise, emissions etc... that could be a problem.

Dick Axtell - 29/1/08 at 02:06 PM

Mr. Whippy,

See you're building - "JBA Falcon,VW buggy,Beetle, F1 car & M bike".

What, all at the same time?? Where does work (sorry for that word) fit in??

pewe - 29/1/08 at 02:41 PM

If you like those sort of bikes you could do worse than going to watch the Banbury run held each year around (suprise) Banbury in June.
See www.banbury-run.co.uk/ for more details and pics.
Cheers, Pewe

Confused but excited. - 29/1/08 at 06:31 PM

Waaaaaah, want one, now!

rusty nuts - 29/1/08 at 07:17 PM

Thought you meant some of my ex's

Confused but excited. - 29/1/08 at 08:06 PM

That explains the rusty nuts.

Mr Whippy - 29/1/08 at 08:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dick Axtell
Mr. Whippy,

See you're building - "JBA Falcon,VW buggy,Beetle, F1 car & M bike".

What, all at the same time?? Where does work (sorry for that word) fit in??

You don't know the half of it. Add building kit houses, restoring a sailing boat and doing r/c models to that and your starting to getting there. The days are always too short, so I'll sleep when I'm dead as they say.

Oh I do work full time in an office 8 - 5.

rusty nuts - 29/1/08 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
That explains the rusty nuts.

Ooh, thats below the belt!

Peteff - 30/1/08 at 09:55 AM

They are alright to look at but the practise is different. Give me a nice Japanese bike that starts with a button, doesn't break down and doesn't leak oil everywhere any day.

02GF74 - 30/1/08 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
They are alright to look at but the practise is different. Give me a nice Japanese bike that starts with a button, doesn't break down and doesn't leak oil everywhere any day.

why do you assume that? i have to admit i doid not read that mcuh about them but the impression i got is that they are replicas of 100 yr old bike but manufactured with modern materials and technique. obviously they need to be unreliable and drip oil to be 100% authentic.

and then if they break down, you could fix them with a penknife, and old belt and wire. should the same happen with you kawfanny ZXKSRX 1300 mega injected bike you can only get going via the AA or main stealer.

[Edited on 30/1/08 by 02GF74]

timf - 30/1/08 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
doesn't leak oil everywhere any day.

ah the infamous British bike method of never having to change the oil, run a total loss system and keep topping up

Peteff - 30/1/08 at 05:10 PM

not replicas of old bikes made with new techniques and materials I wouldn't know about the Jap bike main dealers as my Honda has never broken down, I've only needed to change the filters and oil and put a new battery on it in all the years I've had it.