Board logo

Exhaust Box recommendation ???
sammini7 - 25/4/20 at 04:18 PM

Hi everybody I am looking for an exhaust silencer box 500m box length 2.5/2.75" inlet and and a nice rolled exit.

Any suggestions?

big_wasa - 25/4/20 at 05:26 PM

Have you Thought about a universal silencer and adding the bits you want ? Around £50 with dozens of size options.

Or places like Wunoff do some really nice ones but expect to pay £££

Made mine up last weekend

eBay Item

[Edited on 25/4/20 by big_wasa]

BigGeoff - 7/5/20 at 12:37 PM

Hi big_wasa

Exhaust looks good - this is one of my next jobs whilst on furlough. Any chance you can do a couple of photos of the exhaust hangars/connections to the body ?

Cheers
Geoff

FamilyGuy - 7/5/20 at 04:29 PM

SP Engineering do some nice cans with rolled tips. Mine also came with a removable baffle to quiet it down a bit and rubber lined clip to mount it.

SJ - 7/5/20 at 04:34 PM

Is that a Zetec with the exhaust coming out on the driver's side? The can looks very small - how noisy is it?

[Edited on 7/5/20 by SJ]

big_wasa - 7/5/20 at 06:51 PM

Looks more like a MeV rocket style car with exhaust out the back.

My exhaust hangers aren’t finished but I will get some pics over the week end

FamilyGuy - 7/5/20 at 06:54 PM

Its rear engine with the exhaust out the back. I think the length of the main can section is 380mm. It is quite noisy without the baffle, which I like. How noisy exactly I font know as I haven't measured it. I know of another zetec build with the same can and similar setup which passed IVA ok with the baffle. Hoping mine will be ok too.

40inches - 8/5/20 at 08:36 AM

£50 silencer, the biggest I could fit, I bolted 4mm strip under the chassis front and back and used 2 rubber mounts on the back and 1 on the front.
Description
Description
Description
Description