Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Convex Rear View Mirror
ChrisJ15

posted on 5/11/17 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Convex Rear View Mirror

I know this is mainly personal taste but how have people got on with convex rear view mirrors for road use?

I have a J15 with twin roll hoops and there isnt much you can see between them even with a high mounted mirror.

Cant help thinking convex might be a bit dodgy in terms of judging distance ('object may be closer than they appear'.

i was toying with normal (Spa) centre mirror and convex side mirrors but thats partly because I want retro bullet side mirrors because I like the look!

posted on 2/12/17 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
I think that you would get used to them, and you wouldn't have a problem.
Its like owning an auto and a manual. You jump in and drive, no problem.
They work better the nearer they are to your eyes. Not so good on a Seven but may be better on your car.

I have flat bullet mirrors and they have a limited field of view, but I too love the look so fitted them after IVA.
I do have a very good central mirror taken from an MX5 so that makes up for the lack of view in the bullets.
If I had found convex bullets I would have bought them without hesitation.

Paul G

Description
Description

[Edited on 2/12/17 by 907]

Matt21

posted on 13/1/18 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
I use a longacre convex rear view mirror on my indy and its perfect!

My side mirrors tend to just flop out of the correct position above 40mph but thankfully with the longacre I can see out the rear and both sides very well!
I don't have reverse so judging distance behind idnt very critical for me, but I imagine its not bad at all

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

loggyboy

posted on 13/1/18 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
The Lexus IS200 has a convex mirror, I found it really good as it gives a excellent blind spot coverage. Im suprised its the only car ive ever had that came with one. However by brother hated it.

[Edited on 13-1-18 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

TRX

posted on 5/2/18 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
I hate them... but I've added them to a couple of my cars anyway, to cover blind spots in local "demolition derby" rush hour traffic, and for pulling a trailer.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.