Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost For Sale - What's it worth?
pajsh

posted on 31/7/09 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Locost For Sale - What's it worth?

Selling my Locost as young one now needs a car and I need the space and the cash. Also I have too many other hobbes and as a result have only done around 1500 miles in three years. I love it but it has to go.

I'm not really expecting anyone here to buy it as chances are you like me have already got one, just asking for feedback on what it's worth.

It's pretty much book built with a 2.0 Pinto ported and tuned to about 130BHP, Megajolt, lightened & dowelled fllywheel, ARP bolts, twin Dellorto 40's (note below is an old picture with the 1.6 engine for SVA), chopped sump and an RL21 cam. More go than show as there a few rough edges but it's still a great drive, good soundtrack (1/2 a V8 as my Big Bro says).

Just passed it's MOT and now has wipers and washers not shown in the picture. I also have a few spares like a Type 9 box, Mk2 Steering Rack and £100 of spray paint for the bonnet that I have not got around to.

I'm thinking £3,500. What do peeps think?

Also where should I advertise. Currently thinking Petrolheads, Ebay and Autotrader.

Front DS Apr 07
Front DS Apr 07

Rear DS Apr 07
Rear DS Apr 07

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 31/7/09 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
pistonheads ?

speedyxjs

posted on 31/7/09 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Give it (or sell it) to your young one?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

YODI

posted on 31/7/09 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in the market for one, infact getting onw in the morning so as a buyer I would say forget wasting £20 on the autotrader I looked on there today and finding anything like what your are selling/i'm buying was a nightmare.

Ebay and Piston heads are your best bet and as many other car forums as you are on, you never know who else will see it and tell a friend etc

Yodi

foes

posted on 1/8/09 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
Yeh don't bother with autotrader, waste of money.

Try all your free options first, pistonheads being the best.
Also any forums you go on, just copy and paste the ad and put a link on to pistonheads, suprising how well that can work.

If all else fails try ebay, but be prepared for some morons to try and mess you around...! And its not cheap.

Good luck with the sale.

[Edited on 1/8/09 by foes]

YODI

posted on 1/8/09 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay is cheap, £8 to list a car and the audience is one of the biggest but its negatives are wasters etc
foes

posted on 1/8/09 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by YODI
Ebay is cheap, £8 to list a car and the audience is one of the biggest but its negatives are wasters etc

Is that what it costs for a classified ad then, regardless of asking price..? I don't know, never used one yet..
I was referring to an auction, but hey, still alot of time wasters...

YODI

posted on 1/8/09 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
A hell of a lot of waters buit thats because its a bigger audience, it's still in proportion.

No £8 is the cost for an auction, then when and if it sells to someone at that kind of vaue you will pay them an addition £20 final value fee but again that's only if it sells.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.