Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4 to 5 Point Harness
koiking125

posted on 5/12/09 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
4 to 5 Point Harness

Hi all, can anyone post some picks of where the crutch strap mounts.
I have 3" Sabelt 4 point at present but would like to fit the exrtra strap to keep the buckle lower down when i am strapped in.
Demon Tweaks have a single or twin mount strap which one would you say was best...

MK Owners Club Member (Frosty) No.1159

norfolkluego

posted on 5/12/09 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
We've got the single (5th) strap to a Sabelt 3 inch harness and to be honest it's fine, if you did have a 'big un', you won't slam into that the way you will with the shoulder straps but I suppose the 'V' type straps would be more guaranteed to be nads friendly.
Richard Quinn

posted on 5/12/09 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
If you had a big sudden stop it doesn't really matter whether you've got a single or twin crutch strap. Either way your nads will hate you (I've tested both!)

[Edited on 5/12/09 by Richard Quinn]

koiking125

posted on 20/12/09 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
OK have got a set of V crotch straps and if the snow clears they will be fitted over Christmas.

Thanks

MK Owners Club Member (Frosty) No.1159

Ivan

posted on 21/12/09 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
My race car builder told me not to use crotch straps as one sits too upright in a seven to need them - who knows if he is right or not.

Anybody know of any racers who have had reason to regret not having them? - i.e. have submarined when hittng something head on.

I would think that pain due to them could be just because they have pulled tight when the belt stretches in and accident and not because they are actualy working

mad-butcher

posted on 21/12/09 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
there's a photo on here somewhere of a racecar incident with the guy wearing a 5 point with sack split wide open and contents hanging down and out, put me off for sure. in the past I've had to lamp the bikes fronts on pretty sharpish and they've made contact with the tank

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ivan

posted on 22/12/09 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
^^^^ That's precisely why I allowed myself to be talked out of crotch straps - but maybe it's a bad decision and one should have them.
Jasagracer

posted on 3/1/10 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
5-point harnesses

got to disagree guys.

I have had a few heavy accidents in F.Ford and other similar types of cars over 30+ years of racing;
yes you get bruised naggers, but I am still here to tell the tale. If you are racing a Locost, go for the 3" harnesses.

Life's not worth living without a fast car and an even faster woman !!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ivan

posted on 3/1/10 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasagracer
got to disagree guys.

I have had a few heavy accidents in F.Ford and other similar types of cars over 30+ years of racing;
yes you get bruised naggers, but I am still here to tell the tale. If you are racing a Locost, go for the 3" harnesses.

Do FF's not have a lot more reclining seating position where crotch straps would be essential to stop submarining.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.