Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone else stuck in traffic?
stevebubs

posted on 21/12/09 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
anyone else stuck in traffic?

Frimley to Reading. Two and a half hours so far. Currently sat with the hanndbrake on just short of arborfield....
scootz

posted on 21/12/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Nope... it's nice and clear sat here in my livingroom!

It's Evolution Baby!

prawnabie

posted on 21/12/09 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Im stuck too - stuck in front of my TV with a beer!
stevebubs

posted on 21/12/09 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Not helping, lads.

0.3 miles since last post. Still not reached Arborfield

D Beddows

posted on 21/12/09 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
I sat for nearly an hour just trying to get out of the Wigan B&Q carpark today so I feel your pain

mds167

posted on 21/12/09 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hope you're closer by now...home in sight?
I had the day off so didn;t have to suffer gridlock in Reading this evening - cancelled buses, abandoned cars, etc.
My wife is stuck on the tarmac at Heathrow - meant to be on a return trip to Copenhagan leaving at 16:20.
Who knows when she'll return to Reading...

Coopz

posted on 21/12/09 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
I was.... a journey thats takes me 15 mins just took me 2 30 hours! An hour and half about 1/4 of a mile. I know how you feel nightmare it black Ice too down hill luckily caught the motor I was going about 2 mph!
stevebubs

posted on 21/12/09 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
0.5 miles since last post.... just crossed REME roundabout so still just short of Arborfield....
martyn_16v

posted on 21/12/09 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
I feel for you, took me two hours to get from frimley to yateley just now.

I managed to go faster once I'd got off the gritted, grippy main roads full of plebs and onto the totally white back roads. Was much more fun going sideways down the hill too

stevebubs

posted on 21/12/09 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
1.5 miles since first post...wonder if Dominos deliver here
morcus

posted on 21/12/09 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
I got stuck round the corner from my house, some idiot parked blocking the road, Luckilly the bloke whos drive he was opposite was in and willing to move his car so I could go round in his driveway, Its lucky for whoever owns it aswell because I would have either put his window through or phoned the police.
rusty nuts

posted on 21/12/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thought I had it bad, it took me an hour to do a trip that normally takes 20 minutes . Got stuck behind some idiot doing 5 miles an hour
Findlay234

posted on 21/12/09 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like a few members around the basingstoke farnborough area... we should organise a blat in the spring when the weather is better and the roads arent as chocka!!!
pewe

posted on 21/12/09 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Steve, as you probably gather by now (unless you've finally made it home) Reading is grid-locked. We've just rescued a friend of a friend who has taken 3hrs just to come off the A329 slip-road and reach Cemetry junction (about 3/4 of a mile) where she has abandoned her car!!!
Don't know exactly why it's so crazy out there but I understand there are buses slewed across some of the major roads around town and into Caversham. Took us 2 hrs to cross town at lunchtime and that's before the snow started falling.
Good luck and stay warm & dry.
Cheers, Pewe

stevebubs

posted on 21/12/09 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
cheers pewe 2.2 milecus since first post. Still in arborfield. Just been offered a cuppa by some local lads...made my evening
stevebubs

posted on 21/12/09 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
3.5miles /Shinfield now...nearly there...
mds167

posted on 21/12/09 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just checked to see what time you got back and read the last post and that of Pewe! Hope you've got back/are a lot closer now.
The fun and games starts again all too early tomorrow...

stevebubs

posted on 21/12/09 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
5.6 miles since first post. Just got home.
McLannahan

posted on 21/12/09 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
5.6 miles since first post. Just got home.

I had a car like that once.....

nick205

posted on 21/12/09 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
3.5 hrs to travel 16 miles from Basingstoke to Winchester - madness

Got stuck twice and was pushed out by volunteers who were out in force keeping people moving - thanks to you whoever you were

Finally got out onto the M3 southbound where every driver was keeping good pace (35mph) and distance in the heavy slush. All single file in the inside of the 2 lanes.

All apart from the absolute w8nk sh8ft in a Landy (get this) towing a 4 wheel trailer with (get this) another Landy on it. He seemed to think it was perfectly acceptable to drive in the outside lane at 60mph with lights on full beam.

The number of beeps and hand gestures he accumulated was spectacular - unfortunately it didn't deter him though

MonkeyBoyJnr

posted on 21/12/09 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
I know how you feel! For a journey that I can normally do in about an hour, it took me 4 hours 10 tonight! Not impressed at all! The roads are full of idiots that can't drive with a bit of snow on the ground! Oh well, home now chilling with a nice cold beer!

And another thing, people who don't use their lights when they clearly should be, tossers!!

Rant over!

[Edited on 21/12/09 by MonkeyBoyJnr]

stevebubs

posted on 22/12/09 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MonkeyBoyJnr
I know how you feel! For a journey that I can normally do in about an hour, it took me 4 hours 10 tonight! Not impressed at all! The roads are full of idiots that can't drive with a bit of snow on the ground! Oh well, home now chilling with a nice cold beer!

And another thing, people who don't use their lights when they clearly should be, tossers!!

Rant over!

[Edited on 21/12/09 by MonkeyBoyJnr]

It's normally a 35 minute run in the rush hour....

Johneturbo

posted on 22/12/09 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
What a night that was.... took us 4 hrs to travel 8 miles, around High Wycombe, we had to get up a hill so you had to get a bit of momentum and not stop

morcus, was the car abandoned? maybe they didn't have much choice, put their window through? how old are you? 12?

[Edited on 22/12/09 by Johneturbo]

Ninehigh

posted on 23/12/09 at 01:05 AM Reply With Quote
Bloody luxury, one time in Warrington it took 4 hours to travel 600 yards!

I'm now scared that when traffic stops (and I can't see why) it won't start again. I should sue the council for blocking off half the town centre because "the roof tiles are coming loose" but they were fine letting my brother WALK through the same area!

morcus

posted on 23/12/09 at 01:18 AM Reply With Quote
The car wasn't abandonned, and he had plenty of choice as the road 2 house widths from where he was was empty (Noone parks there because there are no houses on it, just the side of a block of flats) and the road round the other corner was pretty much empty. I wanted to put the window through to move the car, not as some sort of vindication.
If he had no choice but to leave the car there he should of left the hazzards on to indicated the car was stranded or what ever.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.