Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thieving scum
skinned knuckles

posted on 3/2/10 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
Thieving scum

on my way home tonight i called in to my shed to pick up some tools for work tomorrow. when i got to it, it looked wrong. There were foot marks on the door and when i got nearer i saw that the padlock was on the floor, with the bar bent back.

with heart in my mouth, i opened the door expecting to see an empty shed. but as far as i can see, everything was there. not in the right place, but there.

all i can think is that they got spooked by something, or saw what was in there and decided to come back with a van.

basing things on the latter, coupled with the fact that all the shops are shut so i couldn't buy a padlock, i decided to put some offcuts of 5mm plate and my tig to good use and welded a piece of 26mm tube across the door. the only way in now is with an angle grinder

i'll sort it out tomorrow properly but can sleep knowing that the majority of oportunist thieves dont carry angle grinders.

A man isn't complete until he's married, then he's finished

Irony

posted on 3/2/10 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
I pity our nation when you are not allowed to build a decent mantrap on your own property. I hate thieving scum.
blakep82

posted on 4/2/10 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
if you dispose of them properly, who's to know?

that would be quite cool though, an actual trap, where they get caught in some kind of cage, where phones don't work

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

NigeEss

posted on 4/2/10 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

Have to admit that there have been times I have thought of the pleasures of torturing
a thieving scrote whilst making a point of telling him that "no-one but us knows you
are here". Waving the captive bolt gun for added effect..... And yes, I do have one

Or is there something wrong with me.

blakep82

posted on 4/2/10 at 12:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss

nothing at all

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

skinned knuckles

posted on 4/2/10 at 12:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

Have to admit that there have been times I have thought of the pleasures of torturing
a thieving scrote whilst making a point of telling him that "no-one but us knows you
are here". Waving the captive bolt gun for added effect..... And yes, I do have one

you seem to have thought this one out quite a bit I do like like the idea of the bolt gun though personally i have a framing nailer that i have jimmy'd the safety on for speed, the result is a semi automatic 4 inch nail gun. when you crank the regulator up on the compressor it can fire them 1 inch in to wood from 10 feet away at 3 nails a second.

dhutch

posted on 4/2/10 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote
Bastards

Your right tho. About them coming back.
They might, or they might not, but i woudlnt have left in unlocked.

We had a breaking of our garage side room (main garage doesnt have doors) and although they took little other than an old £50 bike, we bostered up the doorframe which is what had given and bought £40 worth of chain to up the locking on the other bikes in there (about four high spec mtb's)

Two months later, they abliterated to the renofrced door with a clearly massive sled hammer and took about £800 worth of kit including a brand new £500 schill petrol brush cutter and a load of diesal in cans.

Daniel

l0rd

posted on 4/2/10 at 12:54 AM Reply With Quote
Dare I ask if you called the Plods?
skinned knuckles

posted on 4/2/10 at 01:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd

apologies in advance to any members of our constabulary that might not be completely inept, but i have reported 5 attempted break-ins and 2 succesful break-ins to outbuildings both at work and at home and am yet to have a member of the police force turn up. i did think that one had turned up to check for prints etc but it turned out it was to put a ticket in my car for the back wheel being 5 inches over the line.

well done plods.

so in response. no.

I have an old loaf in the bread bin that is almost completely green now, I think that it would be more use than our local bizzies at detecting and preventing crime.

Do i sound bitter?

Jaybeee

posted on 4/2/10 at 01:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skinned knuckles
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd

apologies in advance to any members of our constabulary that might not be completely inept, but i have reported 5 attempted break-ins and 2 succesful break-ins to outbuildings both at work and at home and am yet to have a member of the police force turn up. i did think that one had turned up to check for prints etc but it turned out it was to put a ticket in my car for the back wheel being 5 inches over the line.

well done plods.

so in response. no.

I have an old loaf in the bread bin that is almost completely green now, I think that it would be more use than our local bizzies at detecting and preventing crime.

Do i sound bitter?

Yes you do sound bitter but I cannot say I blame you! My girlfriend's car was damaged outside her house last year. Plod did attend as someone was hurt but under data pertection they could not give us the details of the person who damaged her and they would not take it any further!!

So no I do not blame you

gottabedone

posted on 4/2/10 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

.......................you aren't planning on running at the next general election are you?..............................we could probably drum up a few million votes without building up a sweat

Unfortunately the plods have too much of a political agenda to trouble themselves with your regular problem It seems that public confidence isn't important in some areas

[Edited on 4/2/10 by gottabedone]

dan8400

posted on 4/2/10 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
If you had beaten the theif to within an inch of it's life plod would have carted YOU away. It always seems like the law is on their side.

A trap, as mentioned above, would be sweet. My little farm was broken into....they came in the back way over the fields with 4 x 4's to avoid the gate etc.... called the plod but nothing.

I'm with Tony Martin on this one......

Dan

jabbahutt

posted on 4/2/10 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
I've said it before, this country's justice systems are badly broken. The sooner they intoduce a system that protects the moral majority and ignores the rights and feelings of scum the better off we'll be.

Why do we need prisons with all mod cons when an iso container with a sink, toilet and a bed would be much cheaper. Hire a couple of cargo container ships and load them up. It would be cheap and would get round the problem that no one wants a prison on the door step as they could keep moving them round the coast on a rota system. When you run out of space hire another ship and repeat, there is plenty of sea out there.

kipper

posted on 4/2/10 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Where I work we have been robbed three times, taking six 5 ton fork lifts in all.
I have a crime number for each one, given over the phone from the local speed ticket distribution centre, (police station)
not one visit from the plod exept for minor violations with our lorriy, (overloading) when three police cars and 7 cops turned up.
Denis.

Where did that go?
<<<<

Irony

posted on 4/2/10 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
I have this strange neighbour who waits up a nights for the chance to beat trespassers. I can see him from my landing window sitting in his conservatory in the dark. He does this most nights. He told me once that anyone he catches breaking into his house 'will rue the day' whatever that means. He also has a sign at his gate that simple says 'anyone caught in this garden will NOT be able to walk out of it'. He told me just to shout really loud 'Ernie, Burglars!' and he said he 'come a'runnin'. So I sleep soundly in my bed knowing that my strange neighbour is on the look out.

He also has eyes that remind me of a seagulls eyes.

rf900rush

posted on 4/2/10 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Reported damage to my car. At the end of the call I was asked "have you have any other problems in your area".
I replied only mini bikes riden by kids.
I suggested they must be legal as the local police do not do anything,I was then warned that my call was recorded

I then sugested they use some initative.
Not happy with my behavoir.

How do we as a nation put up with this CRAP.
We has MP stealing from us, Banks ripping us of just to name a few.

Do I fell better now I have had a rant... No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Irony

posted on 4/2/10 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
I eagerly await the revolution! We should all just get in our cars and march on Whitehall!
David Jenkins

posted on 4/2/10 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
We should all just get in our cars and march on Whitehall!

I hope that you're being ironic... er, hang on, that's your name!

eznfrank

posted on 4/2/10 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I have this strange neighbour who waits up a nights for the chance to beat trespassers. I can see him from my landing window sitting in his conservatory in the dark. He does this most nights. He told me once that anyone he catches breaking into his house 'will rue the day' whatever that means. He also has a sign at his gate that simple says 'anyone caught in this garden will NOT be able to walk out of it'. He told me just to shout really loud 'Ernie, Burglars!' and he said he 'come a'runnin'. So I sleep soundly in my bed knowing that my strange neighbour is on the look out.

He also has eyes that remind me of a seagulls eyes.

My mates dad is like this, when we were in our late teens we'd have been out on the lash till 3am, stumble into his kitchen for something to eat and find his dad sat there in silence with all the lights off.

The thing is he's been doing that for years and I don;t think anyone's ever tried to break in, probably cos all the local scrotes know he's a nutter?

adithorp

posted on 4/2/10 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Just to bring things back to practical matters...

"... i decided to put some offcuts of 5mm plate and my tig to good use and welded a piece of 26mm tube across the door. the only way in now is with an angle grinder..."

You did remember to take the angle grinder out of the shed first, didn't you?

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Irony

posted on 4/2/10 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
We should all just get in our cars and march on Whitehall!

I hope that you're being ironic... er, hang on, that's your name!

Erm, yes I was being ironic, yes thats it. However in central London marching speed is about max even in the speediest of speedy cars.

blakep82

posted on 4/2/10 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
not had any problems with that round here (yet...) so never had to deal with it, but what about contacting the local paper, MPs etc raising the issues that police aren't interested in dealing with real crime?
kinda showing the police up.

Confused but excited.

posted on 4/2/10 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
My mate has not had a problem since he put a plaque on his front door stating:
"There is nothing on these premises worth dying for."
Me, I live right by the sea and I'm too old to give a sh1t what the goverment says I can or can't do to thieving scrotes.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Findlay234

posted on 4/2/10 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
The problem is that if you do stay up and bash a thief youll be the one that does the time...

Also what about traps, i guess if the trap hurt the thief again youd be the one in trouble... would this still be the case if you put a sign up..... 'Protected with human traps, if you enter you will be severely injured!'.... would a sign like this cover you in a court of law??

Cheers

bodger

posted on 4/2/10 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
I remember the time we caught some young scrotes outside my brothers country pub. One of the locals got hold of one of them who said 'Oh what you gonna do, call the police?'. To which he replied with a wild look in his eyes 'Son your in the country now, we don't call the police around here'. Little b*gger nearly sh*t himself!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.