Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where is headlamp terminal 31?
scoobyis2cool

posted on 11/5/04 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Where is headlamp terminal 31?

I'm currently wiring my steering column and am trying to find terminal 31. It isn't part of the connector, but there are a few seperate wires coming off the top of the column, could it be one of these? If so, which one?

Pete

PS A photo would be ideal, but just a description would be great

[Edited on 11/5/04 by scoobyis2cool]

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr G

posted on 11/5/04 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
I recently hooked my mates wiring up but i'm not near my notes. I'm sure there is a 31, You have checked the rears of all switches I take it, there is a feed that loops from one stalk to the other remember.

More info would help, is it pre or post 87??

Cheers

G

scoobyis2cool

posted on 11/5/04 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't had a proper look at the rears of the switches yet, I couldn't see any numbers/letters marking the terminals on there, maybe I just need to get a torch on them.

I've heard lots of mention of wiring in relays, I bought a loom from MK which I assume would not need anything extra wiring to it, and the loom diagrams do not mention relays so I'm assuming I don't need to put any in. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Pete

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scoobyis2cool

posted on 11/5/04 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't had a proper look at the rears of the switches yet, I couldn't see any numbers/letters marking the terminals on there, maybe I just need to get a torch on them.

I've heard lots of mention of wiring in relays, I bought a loom from MK which I assume would not need anything extra wiring to it, and the loom diagrams do not mention relays so I'm assuming I don't need to put any in. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Pete

PS Sorry for the double post, the site was messing up as I tried to post it!

[Edited on 11/5/04 by scoobyis2cool]

ady8077

posted on 11/5/04 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I assume you mean sierra switch?

I seem to remember 31 was one of the fixing bolts used to hold the switch to the coloum?
Can't be sure as i've fitted a cover over mine, but you could see a brass ring around the hole

Hope this helps

Adrian

scoobyis2cool

posted on 11/5/04 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah it's the Sierra column, I'll have a closer look at it tomorrow, hopefully it will be one of the wires coming out of the top

Pete

elitewiring

posted on 11/5/04 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
if you are using the sierra column you will need relays, otherwise the switches will melt!!!!
by the way there are numbers on the back of the switch units.
regards matt at elite wiring.

Peteff

posted on 12/5/04 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
31 is an earth on the lights and wiper switch. I think it is for the wiper side of things.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.