Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Luso Motors Question
bbox

posted on 29/3/11 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Luso Motors Question

Dear Fellow Locost Builders:

I was wondering if anyone on the list has bought a kit from Luso Morors. They are in Portugal and have a very nice web page with an impressive version on a bike powered Locost/Haynes Roadster. See for yourself at http://www.lusomotors.com/ . I fully paid for a kit a long time ago, but Ernesto (The owner of Luso) is months late in delivery and have stopped returning phone calls and emails. I can put some of the blame on our language skills I suppose.

Now I am getting a bit concerned. I live in Florida, USA so my easy options are limited. If anyone has any constructive advice on how to proceed I am most grateful.

Thanks,
Bill Box

daniel mason

posted on 29/3/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
i am sure i read mnr are the registered lusso traders in GB?

Confused but excited.

posted on 29/3/11 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Couldn't you get your embassy there to send a couple of jar heads round to 'have a chat'.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

mookaloid

posted on 29/3/11 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a trip to Portugal might be in order?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

bbox

posted on 29/3/11 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Daniel, yes MNR (who I have done business with great results) has Luso as one of its agents. I have already sent them an email. Thanks!

Confused and Mookaliod, the fellow buying the car with me from Ernesto Freitas, owner of Luso, did visit him in January. It cost over $1000 - something I would have rather spent on Luso roadster options - yikes! Freitas promised delivery in mid February. That did not happen and now Ernesto Freitas will not answer phone calls or emails. I am a violent proponent of peace so I cannot 'have a chat' with him as much as I would like to.

Thanks,

Bill Box

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 30/3/11 at 05:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bbox
Daniel, yes MNR (who I have done business with great results) has Luso as one of its agents. I have already sent them an email. Thanks!

Confused and Mookaliod, the fellow buying the car with me from Ernesto Freitas, owner of Luso, did visit him in January. It cost over $1000 - something I would have rather spent on Luso roadster options - yikes! Freitas promised delivery in mid February. That did not happen and now Ernesto Freitas will not answer phone calls or emails. I am a violent proponent of peace so I cannot 'have a chat' with him as much as I would like to.

Thanks,

Bill Box

Ask obama to send a cruise missile the other way since they are down that way at the moment ... the aint going to miss one

40inches

posted on 30/3/11 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Not looking good, it seems you aren't the first one Lusso Motors
blakep82

posted on 30/3/11 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
i seem to remember before from their site, loads of great pictures of awesome looking stuff, but no actual photos, but all computer renderings. always had doubts about them tbh

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Ernesto Freitas

posted on 30/3/11 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
LusoMotors issues

Hello everyone.

Although there are issues that must be addressed at a personal level and not publicly, obviously this issue has passed this barrier and, though the Internet is a fabulous way to promote our work and ideas, its also clearly a means of destroying anyone’s image.
So I would like to publicly present my most sincere apologies to the people offended by the situation created by LusoMotors, since we never intended, nor intend to harm anyone, directly or indirectly.

I do not intend to justify whatever it is, because this matter has been already dealt with Mr Bill Box directly, but I want to clarify that the matter will be dealt seriously and without delay.
In fact, Mr. Bill Box bought a kit of our model LM Sev-N and paid it in full, but due to a number of problems, not only internally, regarding LusoMotors and personals too, delays were accumulating and got out of control.
Obviously there was a lack of professionalism from us, failing to timely respond to some emails, but really, everyone knows it is easier to give good news than bad news.
Mr. Bill Box friend, was here and we had a very nice chat. He saw the kit almost ready and soon will be shipped.
We've done, during our little existence, several deals and everything was always fine.

Another important subject I want to clarify is that in fact we have a gentlemen's agreement with MNR, to be our representative in the UK, but nothing more. MNR has no kind of connection to this problem. They were not even aware of it until it was made public today. I also ask forgiveness from Mr. Chris Nordon with whom I contact normally for this situation and for any damage to MNR’s image that this matter can be created.

Finally, the subject of the paddle shifter for Mr. Jek Rankin.
He was also caught in this spiral of problems that have plagued us in the past months, but everything is handled, or about to be right now, as can be confirmed later. We failed also in response to emails quickly, as possibly in other cases, but we are working towards the end of these issues too.
The basic issue was that two paddle shifters were sent for two different addresses, and by our mistake, one of them went to Sweden or the Netherlands, I'm not sure at the moment, but none was delivered to our customer. In fact, only one , the one sent to the UK, was returned, but in very bad shape.
However, as the stock had finished, we decided to change our model for a more modern, efficient and more attractive, with a series of new details and features (as you can see in attached image). I've asked Mr. Jek Rankin if he could wait a bit more for the new and improved model and he agreed. But the process of development took too much time than we were expecting and only now, within a week or two we will be able to deliver fully functional versions.
This matter was dealt with Mr Jek Ranking, and he was notified that it will be refunded in full the amount paid and we will offer him the first unit of the new version free of charge.

Sorry for the long text and explanations a little "weepy" way, but in fact, although small and new, are not here to harm anybody on purpose. We are serious and want to honour our commitments. We're just going through bad times at the moment.

Best regards from Portugal,

PS: Regarding MNR. The deal with us is related to cars sold on UK only. Parts and projects are directly with us. That´s why they weren't aware of this issue.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[Edited on 30/3/11 by Ernesto Freitas]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ernesto Freitas

posted on 30/3/11 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
i seem to remember before from their site, loads of great pictures of awesome looking stuff, but no actual photos, but all computer renderings. always had doubts about them tbh

We allways work with 3D models before making the real parts.

we use them to check design, engineering and people reaction too.

Here are a few pictures of actual "real" products we have and made at the moment:

These are only a few projects that we have. Some already done, some in the way to be...
Many others that we are unable to show due to client agreements were also developed and many more to come.
I think this will take any doubts about if we only live from 3D models...

Of course, due to the increasing crisis, specially in Portugal, we had to make some other stuff then cars, and time was consumed. Some projects were in a halt for several months, the case of the LM GT shootingbrake for instance, due to lack of money, sometimes from us, some other times from clients...

Anyway, hopefully things will be better soon.

Regards,

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Neville Jones

posted on 30/3/11 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to see a manufacturer being open and honest for once.

Cheers,
Nev.

PSpirine

posted on 30/3/11 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Ernesto,

I have nothing to do with this issue but I admire your honesty and input on the matter. I hope that Bill Box will have his matter resolved in a satisfactory way.

Other than that I just wanted to say... your work looks amazing!! Will have to pop round next time I'm down in Portugal.

Pavs

blakep82

posted on 30/3/11 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neville Jones

Cheers,
Nev.

+1

sorry for what i said and the way i said it, but again, looking at your website, the only photos i can see of any finished product is the LM23, everything is CAD images. i'f i'm looking to spend major money, i like to see a proper finished product. that gives me a lot more confidence in the product itself.
anyone with a PC can make a CAD drawing (some more sucessful than others!) and that costs nothing. a drawing is a LONG way away from the final car

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

bbox

posted on 31/3/11 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
Dear Locost Builders:

I also think Ernesto's honesty is refreshing. Being a small businessman myself, I can understand Ernesto's financial difficulties, especially in this day and time. This thread has gotten Ernesto and I talking again and that is a very good thing. I believe that he is committed to making things right with me.

I still am a big fan of his design and engineering skills. I think that, kind of like me, his technical skills exceed his business skills. That is not a problem if everyone get the stuff he paid for. I am sure that he will take this as a learning experience ( that sounds good but it still hurts when it happens to me in my business! Let's just say that I have had a lot of "learning experiences".)

I would like to thank everyone that has chimed in here on this. I am now going to make a build web page to show how the car construction goes. If everything goes well, this can be a net positive for Luso. I will keep in touch.

Thanks again,

Bill Box

MikeCapon

posted on 31/3/11 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neville Jones

Cheers,
Nev.

+ another 1.

A few other UK kit car companies could do with taking a leaf from Luso's book. They know who they are....

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.