Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Road tyres
beaver34

posted on 10/8/11 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Road tyres

I will be using my car for mostly road use, running 15" wheels 7" up front band 8" at rear I do have a set of soft r888 but don't really want to use them on the road, was thing of running t1r? What do people think? Will ge around the 250 bhp mark or just use the 888?
austin man

posted on 10/8/11 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
888's are unforgiving in the wet so possibly best to have a second set the T1rs are a widely used tyre with good press as are some of the Yoko's I have a set of hancook on mine for wet. The 888's won suffer too much with normal road use as you wont be thrashing it as you would on a track so will still last a while

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

nz_climber

posted on 12/8/11 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
I would be looking at the likes of the Toyo R1R and Bridgestone RE11, alot stickier tyres than the T1R (similar compounds to the R88), but also have good wet weather performance (due to more grooves etc).

I will be getting RE11 for my car once its on the road.

http://aarons7.wordpress.com

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 13/8/11 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Toyo R1R rubber is very good. Excellent sticky stuff for dry conditions, and enough grooves to do a good job of shifting water in the wet.

I got caught in a torrential downpour on the way back from Newark

The A1M was awash and although I was definitely floating a little, there was no loss of control. The limiting factor was the visibility - fcuk all!

R1R do seem to be in short supply at the mo. I need one to replace one with a slow puncture and camskill are showing no stock and no delivery date

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.