Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Youtube?
coozer

posted on 30/8/11 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
Youtube?

Is it possible to embed a youtube video so 1 click and you views it on the topic page?

I see videos run like in Facebook and other forums and I've tried some of the embed links of youtube and even some codes from other sites but they don't work.

Is there a way?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

ChrisW

posted on 31/8/11 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Good idea. I'll see what I can do.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 31/8/11 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 31/8/11 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
How's that?? ^^^^

Chris

Alan M

posted on 31/8/11 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent!

scudderfish

posted on 31/8/11 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
So what's the magic tag then, or does it automatically go off any youtube link?

scudderfish

posted on 31/8/11 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote

Got it

[Edited on 31/8/11 by scudderfish]

ChrisW

posted on 31/8/11 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Unsuprisingly... [youtube]<video ID>[/youtube]

Chris

David Jenkins

posted on 31/8/11 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
<grouch mode>

Oh good grief!

All we'll get for the next month is people putting up tedious and badly-made videos that I'll have to wade through to get to the good stuff..

</grouch mode>

Only joking - as long as it isn't over-used...

McLannahan

posted on 31/8/11 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to be a party pooper but would it be possible to switch this on/off via our user cp?

It's just YT will be filtered for some businesses/schools and the YT content will cause the filter to kick in

ChrisW

posted on 31/8/11 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I guess that could be done. Give me 10-15 mins....

Chris

Macbeast

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
OT

There's stuff on youtube I'd like to download and save. I suppose that's not possible ?

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

blakep82

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
wanted to try hiding the videos to see what happens if you have it disabled, but i still get videos embedded

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ChrisW

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Hold your horses... the 15 mins isn't up yet......

Ok... try it now

Chris

blakep82

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
what 15 minutes?!
it works now, but could it have a link instead of just saying it would appear there? or is that the next bit? am i jumping the gun again?

edit: oh, THAT 15 minutes lol

[Edited on 31/8/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ChrisW

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I could do that... dunno if that would upset the firewall police though??

Chris

blakep82

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I could do that... dunno if that would upset the firewall police though??

Chris

i guess, by disabling embedded videos, it would just show up like it always used to? that way, anyone who looks at the site at work can have an option set so that they either have embedded videos, or they have a link, so they won't need to change the option at home/work every time? so you still have access to it, whatever option you have set

[Edited on 31/8/11 by blakep82]

ChrisW

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
I guess, by disabling embedded videos, it would just show up like it always used to? that way, anyone who looks at the site at work can have an option set so that they either have embedded videos, or they have a link, so they won't need to change the option at home/work every time?

I could code something like that based on cookies set in home and work PC's, but it would be a lot of work. In other words it'd be very low on the priority list. People will just have to change it each time or put up with one or the other option!

Chris

blakep82

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
i know nothing about programming, but thought that since the info of the youtube link is in the post, it might be a simple change to either show embedded, or show the URL?

doesn't effect me anyway people should be working at work, not looking at youtube, or this site

ChrisW

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
I've already done that bit!

Chris

blakep82

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
ah goodwork, that maybe come filed under me jumping the gun again
yeah, thats what i meant, only when i saw it last, it said "youtube content would show here..." lol

McLannahan

posted on 31/8/11 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
That's excellent - Thanks Chris!

hobzy

posted on 31/8/11 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
OT

There's stuff on youtube I'd like to download and save. I suppose that's not possible ?

Depends which browser you're using but theres loads of stuff on the net to pull vids off youtube et al. They update frequently though to keep up with you tube trying to stop them. Firefox's intergrated bitcomet one isn't working on the latest Firefox version

Theres also a few handy ones that pull of an mp3 of the sound from a youtube clip

coozer

posted on 31/8/11 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
I tried the [youtube] code and it didnt work for me.. is that cause I'm using firefox??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rzmEnaXZnw&feature=share[/youtube]

[Edited on 31/8/11 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

coozer

posted on 31/8/11 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote

Cracked it! Cheers

[Edited on 31/8/11 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.