Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AGM bodywork?
Nickp

posted on 15/2/12 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
AGM bodywork?

Anyone had bodywork from Alan at AGM? http://www.agmsportscars.co.uk/index.html

Turns out he's very local to me, unit's on the same industrial estate as I work.

phelpsa

posted on 15/2/12 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
I had it briefly. Very good quality, quick delivery, was very pleased with it. Shame it didn't fit the Aries chassis :-/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StuartBJ

posted on 15/2/12 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
I wish you hadn't asked that.......ever, brings up painful times.

I have nothing good to say I'm afraid...... Highly disappointed all round espeicially with his professionalism and time frames. I've spent hours fixing/repairing bodywork.

If you are that close have a peek in his workshop at how clean, tidy & organised it is ......

Read Peter and Alex's WLR build threads to give you a better idea

On balance the bodywork is quite robust.

All this is my own experience..... You may do better

eddie99

posted on 15/2/12 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a WLR body off him, very quick turnaround, and pretty decent quality i thought!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Nickp

posted on 15/2/12 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StuartBJ

I have nothing good to say I'm afraid...... Highly disappointed all round espeicially with his professionalism and time frames. I've spent hours fixing/repairing bodywork.

If you are that close have a peek in his workshop at how clean, tidy & organised it is ......

Sorry fella, didn't mean to upset you!!

I've been to his workshop this aft. Very 'old school', reminds me of my Dads garages in the 70's and 80's when I was growing up. I'm still tempted as it's so local and any issues can be sorted face to face, which is always better in my opinion.

Nickp

posted on 15/2/12 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
I've got a WLR body off him, very quick turnaround, and pretty decent quality i thought!

Mines a Roadster BTW, anyone used these panels?

StuartBJ

posted on 15/2/12 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
quote:
Originally posted by StuartBJ

Sorry fella, didn't mean to upset you!!

I've been to his workshop this aft. Very 'old school', reminds me of my Dads garages in the 70's and 80's when I was growing up. I'm still tempted as it's so local and any issues can be sorted face to face, which is always better in my opinion.

Not a problem chap.... As I said Its just the experience I had.

Nickp

posted on 15/2/12 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ta Stu, all opinions very welcome.
russbost

posted on 15/2/12 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
I think there are 2 different threads going on here - I believe the OP is asking about Locost or Haynes Bodywork, not AGM's WLR, which is hugely complicated & I'd challenge anyone to get it perfect straight out of the moulds everytime.

I believe his Locost bodywork is just that, cheap, but good quality & effective, Alan is very definitely old school - which means of course he is upright, a grafter & honest & will always do his best (unlike some names which come up on this forum from time to time!). If you want the cleanest workshop in the world, go elsewhere, but if you want good fibreglass at a good price then he's your man.

Alan makes all the Furore bodywork & chassis, I went thro' 4 fibreglass people & 3 chassis builders b4 I found anyone who could do a proper job at a reasonable price, that's why he got my work, I wish I'd found him first time round!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Nickp

posted on 15/2/12 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
I think there are 2 different threads going on here - I believe the OP is asking about Locost or Haynes Bodywork, not AGM's WLR, which is hugely complicated & I'd challenge anyone to get it perfect straight out of the moulds everytime.

I believe his Locost bodywork is just that, cheap, but good quality & effective, Alan is very definitely old school - which means of course he is upright, a grafter & honest & will always do his best (unlike some names which come up on this forum from time to time!). If you want the cleanest workshop in the world, go elsewhere, but if you want good fibreglass at a good price then he's your man.

Alan makes all the Furore bodywork & chassis, I went thro' 4 fibreglass people & 3 chassis builders b4 I found anyone who could do a proper job at a reasonable price, that's why he got my work, I wish I'd found him first time round!

I was initially interested in the general quality of panels of any sort, and if the quality is good and robust then I'd be interested in the fit of the Haynes panels specifically.

BTW- I think you've just confirmed my initial impression of Alan

Alan M

posted on 15/2/12 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
can't comment as I've lost my sense of humour
Nickp

posted on 15/2/12 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan M

I don't really need a funny reply

StuartBJ

posted on 15/2/12 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

You can't leave it like that .... What were you building?

Alan M

posted on 15/2/12 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
I built a Locost, just passed it's 1st MOT

I bought phelpsa's body work of him. It was good but the gelcoat chipped easily

StuartBJ

posted on 16/2/12 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I built a Locost, just passed it's 1st MOT

I bought phelpsa's body work of him. It was good but the gelcoat chipped easily

You could always cover it with a bright yellow vinyl wrap

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.