Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Converting bolt-on harnesses to clip on
James

posted on 17/5/12 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Converting bolt-on harnesses to clip on

After my failure to come up with an elegant solution to this:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/2/viewthread.php?tid=170034

I'm investigating being able to move the harnesses between lower mounts by having them clip-on.

Is it possible to buy a 'convertor' to change the lower mounts on my belts to clip-on? If so, where? Can't find them at the usual suspects.

I don't want to change belts (can't afford to!). I suppose I could look at buying the clips and then having them sewn to the belts lowers instead of the bolt-ons... but this strikes me as going to be expensive to get sewn correctly.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mad-butcher

posted on 17/5/12 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
seem to remember I think it was the corsa c had a chrome rail for a sliding belt mount on the outer mount, the rail bolted to the body and the fabric loop of the belt just slid backwards and forwards on it
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 17/5/12 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
seem to remember I think it was the corsa c had a chrome rail for a sliding belt mount on the outer mount, the rail bolted to the body and the fabric loop of the belt just slid backwards and forwards on it

I was just thinking the same as you my Wife has a corsa B and its as you have described
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Not Anumber

posted on 21/5/12 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Early Vauxhall coupes and all Ford Capris also had the sliding rail. I remmber it worked well and would justify having to make another anchorage point.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.