Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Mmm buyer from abroad..
Toniq-r

posted on 21/5/12 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Mmm buyer from abroad..

Got this reply from my Piston Heads advert..
Goodmorning Lee

i am an italian Lotus and Bec owner. I am writing you on behalf of a friend that is interested in your Mk (and unfortunetely he don't speak english).

First of all i want to tell you that we are not timewaster and we are honest men. I already bought some cars in Uk so i know what i have to do.

Some questions:

- is the car hpi free, never involved in accident or damages?

- how many owners?

- is the engine modified in some way (the internals, ie pistons, head etc)?

- can we have some pictures of the front wishbones and engine bay? My email is leogasp@hotmail.com or the one you see above

- is the price a little negotiable?

- may i have your phone number?

Thank you

Has anybody come across this reply when selling.

blakep82

posted on 21/5/12 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
hmm, that ACTUALLY seems genuine. however, i woudn't sell abroad, too much distance if something goes wrong.
but he's asking all the right questions, wants pictures, and is not just going in with the usual 'my shipping agent will collect the car, whats your bank details name, address, date of birth', etc etc

i wouldn't do it, but he seems genuine to me...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

parkiboy

posted on 21/5/12 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
i have had a couple of genuine foreign enquiries about cars in the past but i would always rather hold out and wait for a UK buyer than deal with the hassle of sending a car abroad, i always tell them if they want it they would have to come to england which they never do anyways
owelly

posted on 21/5/12 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
IMHO, as long as you get what you want from the sale, then his money is as good as anyones. Usual rules apply: the vehicle stays with you until ALL the funds have cleared. If he wants you to do ANY running around, delivering, arranging stuff etc, then they are on your terms and at his cost. The car goes nowhere until ALL the funds have cleared. Be sure if he sends someone to look at the car, that the keys stay in your hand until ALL unds have cleared. (There's a pattern here).
If he wants photos, send as many as he wants but be carefull not to send any clues to the VIN number.
As I said, usual rules apply and I'm sure you'd do the same if it was a UK buyer.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 21/5/12 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
IMHO, as long as you get what you want from the sale, then his money is as good as anyones. Usual rules apply: the vehicle stays with you until ALL the funds have cleared. If he wants you to do ANY running around, delivering, arranging stuff etc, then they are on your terms and at his cost. The car goes nowhere until ALL the funds have cleared. Be sure if he sends someone to look at the car, that the keys stay in your hand until ALL unds have cleared. (There's a pattern here).
If he wants photos, send as many as he wants but be carefull not to send any clues to the VIN number.
As I said, usual rules apply and I'm sure you'd do the same if it was a UK buyer.

As above.
But I would agrre this seems as genuine as you might get
Google his email...

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Wadders

posted on 21/5/12 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I just googled "leo gasp lotus" and this came straight up.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Gzy-besLE

Good luck with the sale.

Al.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/5/12 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
I will deliver the car for you FOC he pays the fuel
tegwin

posted on 21/5/12 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
I sold my TVR to a French chap.

He paid by bank-transfer. I waited a week for the money to clear into my account.

He got a train and I met him at the train station.... exchanged paperwork....of he drove...

Pretty damn simple :-) Just watch out for rubber cheques

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

mac1ZR

posted on 21/5/12 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
The man is sound, sold him a car last year, without a problem. He is a dealer, but who cares if you get your money. He will arrange cllection of the car after he has paid.
Jon Ison

posted on 21/5/12 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
I sold my TVR to a French chap.

He paid by bank-transfer. I waited a week for the money to clear into my account.

He got a train and I met him at the train station.... exchanged paperwork....of he drove...

Pretty damn simple :-) Just watch out for rubber cheques

Same here though Dutch not French, bank transfer job done.

kevmcdo

posted on 21/5/12 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Just be carefully as you would with a domestic sale, there are good and bad sellers everywhere.
I currently have my Fireblade advertised for sale and had emails from a guy claiming to be from Norway, all seemed ok asking similar questions until day 3 of correspondence where he sent me an email saying he was happy to proceed with the sale of my CAR and can I have your details!!!! Seemed perfectly genuine up until then.......

T66

posted on 21/5/12 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
My Saab went to the Czech republic, the biggest problem was removing the private plate , guy turned up. And handed me the money.

Even better the bank accepted it...

Toniq-r

posted on 21/5/12 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Guys just what I thought Kev you selling again what now !! You got the RR yet ! My other half keeps kerbing my alloys

[Edited on 21/5/12 by Toniq-r]

danny keenan

posted on 22/5/12 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
hi

this guy has bought afew cars from us and is nice to deal with.give him an email back he will not mess you around.

thanks danny

mad-butcher

posted on 22/5/12 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
I'm sure Martin wouldn't mind me telling you how he once got bit in America, sold a kit Stateside paid the cheque in 3 days latter it cleared (according to his bank) so he shipped the kit 7 days Latter his bank told him the cheque had bounced, seems it takes 10 days with America, turns out the guy knew exactly what he was doing cos he'd done it a few times before
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kevmcdo

posted on 22/5/12 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Selling the car and bike mate, heading over to Ireland at the end of next month, so clearing out everything and starting a fresh when I get there. Not as much choice but I will see what I can get. RR a re dead cheap though
maccmike

posted on 22/5/12 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
seems ok to me, just take usual selling/buying care
LeoGASp!

posted on 30/10/12 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Lee!! Your Mk is now on Italian plate and had some works according to the new owner's requirements/taste. You can see it here: http://imageshack.us/a/img607/4075/foto1096.jpg

Thanks to all for the confidence you gave me (Danny, MAc1ZR etc..).

[Edited on 30/10/12 by LeoGASp!]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.