Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: a follow on Q to my iphone Q
mad-butcher

posted on 24/5/12 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
a follow on Q to my iphone Q

if I go to settings/network and then activate my personal hotspot, and attatch my iphone via usb and then connect to the internet using my phone as a modem, anyone know how this is charged by t-mobile or is it part of my allowance 600 minutes 500 texts and unlimited internet
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
I predict a Riot

posted on 24/5/12 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
It would come off your data allowance.
gdp66

posted on 24/5/12 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
on most networks, tethering the device to a pc is against the fair use policy if there is unlimited data
cerbera

posted on 24/5/12 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
I may be wrong but i think T-Mobile is one of the networks that allow tethering. I use tethering on my T-Mobile contract and have had no issues. My data plan is classed as Unlimited 1GB?!? which kinda contradicts itself but after 1GB usage I can browse and get emails but cannot stream or download anything until the new month.

Plus you should be able to connect a third party device (iPad, laptop) wirelessly using the hotspot. Well I can on my android phone

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 24/5/12 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
I'm on T-Mob and tether my iPad to my phone. Never had a problem and it's come out of my unlimited Internet.
mad-butcher

posted on 24/5/12 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all for the input, so it looks like for the last 2 years I've been wasting £12 + vat on a dongle for my laptop that I didn't need. Moral if the story never give a 62 yo old fart modern technology.
Again many thanks

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.