Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ipod adapters
Davegtst

posted on 8/9/12 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ipod adapters

Has anyone got any experience with one of these type of gadgets? So far it's the only one i can find that wires inline to the aerial as my stereo doesn't seem to hav an aux input. I can't change the stereo either as it's part of the sat nav. I've been using a fm transmitter that fitted into the bottom of the ipod but the sound quality is pretty poor where there is another station near the frequency.

Ipod adapter

Gary 7

posted on 8/9/12 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
There are adapters available for factory head units like this. just search for your vehicle.

AUDI A2, A3, A4, A6, A8 TT MP3 iPod iPhone Aux Input Interface Adaptor CTVADX001 | eBay

Gary 7

posted on 8/9/12 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
This is a renault non fm based interface.

Renault Megane AUX iPod iPhone MP3 player Renault iPod iPhone adapter interface | eBay

Davegtst

posted on 8/9/12 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm seems mine (2007 renault trafic carminat navigation) isn't listed anywhere.
Ninehigh

posted on 8/9/12 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
Take it to you local car radio place and see what they say

jossey

posted on 9/9/12 at 01:09 AM Reply With Quote
ok from what i can find out about the nav it may have a multichanger option. if it does you can get a lead which replaces that and turns the multichanger into your aux in cable. I cant find any mention on any of the normal audio tech sites about aux pins on the back which is a shame.

So does it have multichanger support?
do you use it if it does?
if it does and you dont mind losing the changer then get the connect2 cable for about £20.

I thought it had bluetooth as well? So you can stream using bluetooth apps on your iphone or smart phone bluetooth......

Good luck.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Davegtst

posted on 15/9/12 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Only just seen your post. It does have an empty cd changer iso socket (blue 8 pin c3) on the back. I cut up a pair of earphones and conected the pos and neg wires to the correct pins on the c3 socket and nothing happened. I did this with a newer vauxhall vivaro that had an aux button on the head unit and it worked fine. Does the head unit need to be fooled into thinking it has a cd changer connected to be able to switch to that source? If it does i should be able to get one of these to work Renault Scenic Laguna Twingo iPod adapter interface iPhone car CTARNIPOD003.2 5v | eBay. What do you think? I've emailed a few companys and no one bothers getting back to me, no wonder the countries in such a finacial mess £50 - £80 sale for the sake of one email.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.