Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Business disruption at AB Performance
Andy B

posted on 9/11/12 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Business disruption at AB Performance

Just a quick few lines to apologise to any of you who may have tried to contact us via email or phone over the last few days. A lorry took down the phone lines on Tuesday night and we have been without any comms since then. I can't say when we will have everything up and running again as BT haven't even attended yet and couldn't seem to care less, to be honest I really don't know what to do at the moment as it's almost impossible to run the business without phone or Internet and the mobile signal in rural Buxhall is so patchy it's unreal.
Apologies once again and hope to be up and running again shortly
Andy

Jon Ison

posted on 9/11/12 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Put your postcode into a search engine, you may find a mobile network that gives a good signal where you are, after losing BT broadband for a while at our unit we found 3 gave an excellent 3G signal, £30 pay as you go dongle got us back on line u til BT reinstated our lines.
snakebelly

posted on 9/11/12 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
If its a business line ask bt to divert calls to a mobile, they should do it foc if the delay is down to them
PSpirine

posted on 9/11/12 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Andy, definitely see whether any mobile networks have decent coverage. O2 and vodafone are useless in my village but I get decent 3G internet via 3 on my ipad at home! Should definitely be enough to hold you over in terms of internet.
BigFaceDave

posted on 9/11/12 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
O2 is rubbish around that area I have a lock up about 2 miles from buxhall and the best reception is 3 there (on the outskirts of woolpit). They've just turned 3G on in stowmarket and I was hoping that would improve signal but doesn't seem to have made any difference.
Spud1985

posted on 15/11/12 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Andy, as your phone, emails, etc are down i thought i'd post here.

Have you completed the bits to my car? if so i'll come over and pick it up mid-morning on Saturday as previously discussed.

Thanks

Ashley

Andy B

posted on 15/11/12 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ashley
Yes all done and no problems with Saturday, we are now 8 days without phone, Internet, email or card machine and BT have been little short of useless, they finally attended yesterday and decided a new pole was required - something I told them 8 days ago!!!
They are now trying to get planning permission for a replacement pole and local authority permission for a road closure, I spoke to one of their operators today who mentioned up to 3 months to sort at which point I admit to losing it and fired so many F#*ks into them that I have probably burnt my bridges there. It's like watching ten years of work get slowly peed away at the moment
If you or anyone needs to get me my mobile is 07906 561838 if I don't answer leave details on voicemail and I will find a way to return the call
Alternatively emails are being pushed to my I phone - not brilliant but it's something

Spud1985

posted on 15/11/12 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy B
Hi Ashley
Yes all done and no problems with Saturday, we are now 8 days without phone, Internet, email or card machine and BT have been little short of useless, they finally attended yesterday and decided a new pole was required - something I told them 8 days ago!!!
They are now trying to get planning permission for a replacement pole and local authority permission for a road closure, I spoke to one of their operators today who mentioned up to 3 months to sort at which point I admit to losing it and fired so many F#*ks into them that I have probably burnt my bridges there. It's like watching ten years of work get slowly peed away at the moment
If you or anyone needs to get me my mobile is 07906 561838 if I don't answer leave details on voicemail and I will find a way to return the call
Alternatively emails are being pushed to my I phone - not brilliant but it's something

Thanks Andy.

must be a complete pain in the rear end running a business with minimal communication lines. Hopefully you can get something sorted.

See you Saturday.

Thurbs

posted on 16/11/12 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Set dragon loose !!

Hi Andy,
Sorry to here about yor trouble,typical BT probably dealing with the fault from call centre in India. you should get your new business partner to light a few rockets under there dull arses !!
Hope you get it sorted soon mate, BT could learn alot from your customer services.

Cheers
Andy

Andy B

posted on 16/11/12 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy
funny you should mention that, I made a call yesterday and today we have a slight glimmer of action. That said right now I am sat in a layby 2 miles from my unit to get phone and 3g signal. I have to be totally honest when I say I have never ever dealt with a more disfunctional organisation who seem to be beyond reproach

Agriv8

posted on 16/11/12 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Andy,

looks like a case for the local Newspaper as a bit of bad publicity somtimes g'ees em up a bit. You also get a bit of free publicity locally. Unlees you dont need it !!

Good luck

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

The Shootist

posted on 16/11/12 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Charge THEM....

Start invoicing them for your down time.

The threat is kind of empty, but it may get someone's attention.

You could also ask to speak with their legal department.....just to get the correct contacts for your legal council.

Stir the pot.

Surely, in the UK, you have an agency that rides herd over utilities?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.