Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donor car.
MsD

posted on 22/12/12 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Donor car.

Who needs a donor?

2009 NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R R35 BLACK EDITION WHITE SALVAGE DAMAGED REPAIRABLE

He's made a right mess of that! Who fancies the challenge of squeezing that into a 7?

Mark. (NTDWM!)

Slimy38

posted on 22/12/12 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
How can that be considered repairable?!!!
vanepico

posted on 22/12/12 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
The fact it has got no plates probably means it's a write off and he doesn't want people car checking it! Or its stolen and that's why it got smashed!

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

renetom

posted on 22/12/12 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Repairable Ha

£16.00 would be more like it.
phelpsa

posted on 22/12/12 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vanepico
The fact it has got no plates probably means it's a write off and he doesn't want people car checking it! Or its stolen and that's why it got smashed!

Did you actually read the advert?

It needs a VIC check, therefore its a Cat B/C write off, and it comes with a private registration.

If it were stolen i'm pretty sure there wouldn't be pictures of it on someone's driveway on one of the most visited websites on the internet.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 22/12/12 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Anything is repairable,

I will see if there any pics of the 3 month old write off Porsche cayman, my m8 bought for 12k,
rebuilt with a new body, and sold as a cat "c" repaired, and he made 20k profit

My current cat "C" mondeo tdci cost 5k and was only 11 months old,
took a month and 1k to repair, and could of easily sold it for 11-13k

Steve

vanepico

posted on 22/12/12 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
if it's got a carbon fibre chassis it'll most likely be full of hairline cracks, I wouldn't want to be in it after it's been fixed

spiderman

posted on 22/12/12 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like he got halfway round a bend and then ran out of talent.

Spider

pmc_3

posted on 22/12/12 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
I thought a cat a had to be crushed and that cat b was for spares only? I know cat c and d can be repaired and put back on the road
flibble

posted on 22/12/12 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
You are correct ^^ Cat B's are never for road use again, you also need a special license to buy them. Cat C's need the VIC check and D's need nowt
umgrybab

posted on 22/12/12 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Tad too expensive for a donor, for that money you could straight up buy a caterham. Nothing like cost about it
phelpsa

posted on 22/12/12 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
if it's got a carbon fibre chassis it'll most likely be full of hairline cracks, I wouldn't want to be in it after it's been fixed

Why would you say that? Any evidence?

quote:
Originally posted by pmc_3
I thought a cat a had to be crushed and that cat b was for spares only? I know cat c and d can be repaired and put back on the road

There's no laws to say what cars can go back on the road, only codes of practice for breakers. The insurance company will declare it a Cat-B and send it to a breakers, telling them that it is for parts only. If the breakers then put it back on the road they break their code of practice and if they get found out, could lose their ability to deal with cat-B cars.

If you purchase a cat-B car from your insurance company or get hold of one some how, you can legally get it back on the road with a VIC check.

[Edited on 22-12-12 by phelpsa]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
vanepico

posted on 22/12/12 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
quote:

Cos carbon fibre is brittle, if it had an impact enough to do that much damage it most likely cracked all the way along. You can't just splice bits onto carbon fibre and expect it to be as strong as it was before. It is strong till it has an impact then it shatters. With great hardness come great shatterability

You don't see them salvaging F1 parts after the cars crash do you? And I wouldn't be surprised if they were both going at the same speed as an f1 car!

phelpsa

posted on 22/12/12 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
quote:

Cos carbon fibre is brittle, if it had an impact enough to do that much damage it most likely cracked all the way along. You can't just splice bits onto carbon fibre and expect it to be as strong as it was before. It is strong till it has an impact then it shatters. With great hardness come great shatterability

You don't see them salvaging F1 parts after the cars crash do you? And I wouldn't be surprised if they were both going at the same speed as an f1 car!

Yes, it would shatter. You would not normally find hairline cracks in CFRP. Hairline cracks are found in materials with a certain level of ductility, something that CFRP doesn't have.

Anyway, it doesn't have a carbon chassis so it's not an issue.

Danozeman

posted on 2/1/13 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thats fit for crushing,. With a number plate reading G4VLA i rckon i know what the bloke is like. Sounds something like clock.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.